OAI Archive: De Montfort University Open Research Archive
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "De Montfort University Open Research Archive"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Claudia Eckert & Martin Stacey, What is a Process Model? Reflections on the Epistemology of Design Process Models.No categories
- Anthony Oko & Parminder Singh Kang, Lean Six Sigma Approach to Improve the Admissions Process for a Nigerian HE Institute.Lean as a management paradigm has been applied extensively in manufacturing industries, and so little has been done in the area of its studies and application in managing affairs in education. This paper exemplifies the applicability of Lean Six Sigma approach for higher educational institutes. The problem solved is that of ineffective and inefficient admission process in the ELITE state polytechnic. The project is aimed at proffering a workable and a viable improvement process for the admission of candidates for the (...)No categories
- Will Buckingham, The Uncertainty Machine.No categories
- Will Buckingham, Telling Tales About the Yijing.This essay explores the cultural translation of the Chinese classic, the Book of Changes or Yijing through a reflection on my own attempts to adapt, use and misuse the text in literary form. My own engagement with the Yijing began when I set out to write a novel- of sorts based on the Chinese classic. The process of writing this novel, Sixty-Four Chance Pieces: A Book of Changes , has required not only that I culturally translate the Yijing, but that (...)
- Parminder Singh Kang, A. Duffy, Nigel Shires, Trevor Smith & Mike Novels, Lean Cables ? A Step Towards Competitive, Sustainable and Profitable Processes.In the business world, one of the key challenges is how to survive in ever changing business environments and outperforming the competitors, while keeping the operational cost at minimum and profits at maximum level. In other words, this can be described as the problem of improving operational efficiency and reducing cost. Over the past few years due to global financial challenges, it has become even more important to improve the operational efficiency and reduce costs to survive through these tough conditions. (...)
- Rosemary Garratt, Connecting with Women: The Working Lives of Independent Midwives and Their Perceptions of the Mother-Midwife Relationship.This study aimed to explore the lived experience of the working lives of midwives in the UK who practice independently of the NHS. It was designed to understand their motivations for working in this way and to explore their beliefs and values about midwifery care with particular emphasis on their perceptions of building and maintaining relationships with childbearing women. Hermeneutic phenomenology informed the methodology for the study and an adapted biographical narrative interpretive method (Wengraf 2001) was used for data collection. (...)
- Gabriel Egan, Materialism, the Mind/Body Problem and Genetics: A Response to David Hawkes.