OAI Archive: Stellenbosch University SUNeTD repository
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "Stellenbosch University SUNeTD repository"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Robyn Walker May, Ethical Considerations Surrounding Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) in South Africa as an Intervention for HIV Prevention.Thesis (MPhil)--Stellenbosch University, 2014.
- Sydney Langelihle Sibiya (2014). Ethical Aspects of Traditional Male Circumcision Among Certain Ethnic Groups in South Africa : The Grounds for Change and Societal Intervention. Dissertation, University of Stellenbosch
- Sipho Michael Lukhozi, Dual Obligations in Clinical Forensic Medicine.
- Neil Le Roux, A Case of Emergence : Autonomy and Self-Organisation in Conceptual Art Practice.Thesis (MA(VA))--Stellenbosch University, 2014.No categories
- Niel Henk Conradie, Towards a Convincing Account of Intention.
- Berna Gerber, Identity and Discourse: A Critical Philosophical Investigation of the Influence of the Intellectual Self-Image of the Medical Profession on Communicatively Effective Care to Patients.
- Johannes R. Niemand, The Autonomy of Culture: A Cultural-Philosophical Analysis.No categories
- Cornelia Johanna Steyn, Exploring Ethical Challenges, Climate Change and Implications on Land and Water Use Within the Agricultural Sector of the Garden Route, Western Cape, South Africa.
- Richard Westley Burman, Leadership Placement in Organisations : A Drathian Perspective.
- Azille Alta Coetzee, Addressing the Problem of Sexual Violence in South Africa : A Philosophical Analysis of Equality and Sexual Difference in the Constitution and the New Sexual Offences Act.
- Carmen Curtayne, Conservation Discourses Related to Natural Resource Use : Local Communities and Kruger National Park Conservation Officers Mpumalanga Province, South Africa.
- Philip Rene Eloff, Kompleksiteit En Begronding in Die Werk Van Hannah Arendt En Jacques Derrida.
- Andre Roos, St Augustine's Confessiones : The Role of the Imago Dei in His Conversion to Catholic Christianity.
- Minka Woermann, A Complex Ethics : Critical Complexity, Deconstruction, and Implications for Business Ethics.ENGLISH ABSTRACT: This study commences with a critical, philosophical exploration of the ethical theories that constitute the normative basis of the dominant business ethics paradigm. It is argued that the universal and communitarian notions of the good upon which this paradigm is based, are inadequate in helping us deal with the complexities that define the modern day business environment. It is suggested that a sophisticated and affirmative account of postmodernism is a better suited alternative, as this paradigm is geared towards (...)
- Lauren Hermanus, Difference, Boundaries and Violence : A Philosophical Exploration Informed by Critical Complexity Theory and Deconstruction.ENGLISH ABSTRACT: This thesis is a philosophical exposition of violence informed by two theoretical positions which confront complexity as a phenomenon. These positions are complexity theory and deconstruction. Both develop systemsbased understandings of complex phenomena in which relations of difference are constitutive of the meaning of those phenomena. There has been no focused investigation of the implications of complexity for the conceptualisation of violence thus far. In response to this theoretical gap, this thesis begins by distinguishing complexity theory as a (...)
- Barry Ross, A Fundamental Explanation of Musical Meaning in Terms of Mental States.
- Lynette Margaret Horn, Virtue Ethics in the Development of a Framework for Public Health Policymaking.ENGLISH ABSTRACT: This dissertation has two quite separate and rather different starting points. The first centres on the significant renaissance of virtue ethics as a moral theory that has occurred in the last 50 years. The second starting point is embedded in the recent discourse about the need for an ethical framework for public-health policymaking. (Up until now the ethical theories of deontology, manifested as either a ‘principlebased’ or ‘human-rights’ approach, and utilitarianism, have provided the theoretical background to this discourse.) (...)
- Servaas de V. van Der Berg (2010). On Depiction and Expression : Two Essays in Philosophical Aesthetics. Dissertation, StellenboschENGLISH ABSTRACT: This thesis consists of two essays, each focussing on a current topic in aesthetics in the tradition of analytic philosophy. First paper (On depiction) Given broad consensus that resemblance theories do not do well at explaining depiction, two alternative approaches have dominated the literature in recent decades: (1) Perceptual accounts try to ground depiction in the phenomenology of our pictorial experiences; (2) Structural accounts understand pictures as symbols in pictorial symbol systems. I follow Dominic Lopes in granting that (...)