OAI Archive: University of Salford Institutional Repository
Download type: partial
A 'partial' download type means that only articles matching certain keywords will be indexed. Dublin Core subject fields are used for matching. This might not be the best configuration for this archive. For example, if it contains categories ('sets') of articles relevant to this site, you might want to tell us about them so we download all these sets. Click here to edit this archive's configuration or view the sets it offers.
100 entries most recently downloaded from the archive "University of Salford Institutional Repository"
This set has the following status: partial.
- Y. Lin, Katherine Hayles' Third Way Towards Posthumanity - A Review of N. Katherine Hayles (2005) My Mother Was a Computer: Digital Subjects and Literary Texts.No categories
- Benjamin Halligan, Disco Galactica: Futures Past and Present.
- Kr Adams, Contemporary Theatre and the Experiential.In the context of the blurring of boundaries between club and theatre, game and theatre, and party and theatre, experiential spectatorship is spilling into the mainstream. This article starts from the recognition of the rapid rise of the experience economy as a turning point in consumer culture towards a specific appeal to the sensory body. The definition of experience in this analysis is key and a distinction is made between experience as it passes moment by moment, erlebnis, and experience as (...)No categories
- B. Halligan, Switch on Your Mobile Phone!Discussion of new mores of theatre etiquette.No categories
- Dg Kreps, Introducing Eco-Masculinities: How a Masculine Discursive Subject Approach to the Individual Differences Theory of Gender and IT Impacts an Environmental Informatics Project.In this paper I introduce the concept of eco-masculinities as a philosophical and critical project to understand the links between gendered and pro-environmental behaviour. The background of the feminist project, the sociology of masculinity, and the post-gendered world to which they both aspire, alongside a brief history of the project of ecofeminism, occupy the bulk of the paper. In the last section I briefly consider how these philosophical approaches might impact upon analysis of an EU Project entitled Digital Environment Home (...)
- Dg Kreps, Foucault, Exhibitionism and Voyeurism on Chatroulette.Sexuality, understood as a Foucauldian discourse that expresses itself through our passions and pursuits and contributes massively to our socially- constructed identity formation, has from the outset been a major factor in the growth of the internet. As the ultimate look-but-don‘t-touch medium, the computer screen has offered us a pornographic emporium in the privacy of our homes, fed first by the producers of material in the standard broadcast mode, then more and more by ourselves, to each other, in the social (...)
- M. Fuchs, Sinn Und Sound.The book on the semantics of sound by School of Art & Design researcher Mathias Fuchs has been published by Berliner Wissenschaftlicher Verlag and will be in the bookshops by the end of October. Mathias investigates the possibilities of assigning meaning to sonic structures and starts with a critical review of traditional theories. Sound has been described as a language, a narrative, a representation of extra-musical objects, as a non-discursive set of symbols or as an emotion. In his 368 pages (...)No categories