Back   

2009-04-06
Agamic Tanricism
The mystical philosophy of the Tantric origin is based on a higher level of experience. There are several extraordinary dimensions of experience yet to be explored in view of this philosophical tradition. Many articles can be written on the topic.

2009-06-23
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Prof. Shukla
I would appreciate being enlightened on what 'Agamic' means.  And the word after that should be Tantricism, I suppose.

Now, if you were to kindly spell out these dimensions, may be it can be judged whether they are extraordinary or not.

Thank you.

2010-05-24
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Prof. Shukla
I would love to know the origin of Tantra and Agama and the place and importance of gestures in it. Thankyou

2010-05-31
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Prof. Shukla
As I understand it, the link is between a complex multileveled theory of the body that involves the application of particular types of yoga to each one to reveal an integrated forming process. An understanding of consciousness is critical to understanding the operation of these yogas.  In at least one tradition there are eight consciousness levels: 6 involving the senses and mind at the individual level, and two that link to karmic time and space.  The body theory and 8 levels of consciousness link together to form a whole for all humanbeing regardless of their yogic knowledge. The work of the yogi is to establish a completely integrated consciousness and therefore open ground of action that places him/her, and their everyday activity within this effulgent relationship.

2010-06-04
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Prof. Shukla
Hi All,

Tantra in my view started as an independent investigation in to the truth. Its methodology for modern times can be obtained from the works of Abhinavagupta. Tantra the term is expanded as tannyate iti vistharyathe. The science of increasing the body. Now its not talking about increasing something like a part of your body say nose, it would be an ugly affair to do so. Imagine if only our nose increased. Its about increasing the consciousness of our own body. Tantra in relative to other systems, does not depend on an external object or symbol rather it asks the disciple to look inwards and assume that the whole universe and him are a continuous and binding entity. They are all the one, not that we are different from the universe or universe different from us. The world that we have is our own creation. We all are interpreters of it. My world is not yours and yours is not mine. When I close my eyes my world ends, if you tell the world still exists my answer is thats your world not mine. Tantra is scientific way to realize ones self.

Thank you
Rakesh

2012-01-30
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Gus Koehler
I absolutely agree with what you said.

2012-01-30
Agamic Tanricism
Reply to Aarmin Banaji
Yes, it is 'Tantricim'.