Bug reports

Back   

2010-03-19
Order of Authors
The way PP deals with the order of authors is rather difficult to manage.  The order of the authors in edit mode isn't always what will show up in the listed item on PP.  It would be really nice if this was fixed since sometimes people use author order to indicate who worked on the project more, etc.

Here are some details:  Sometimes when I go to add another author, that author becomes the first author in the listing, even though the added author in edit mode is listed last.  And then things work differently when I just try to rearrange authors that are already listed.  How I arrange them in edit mode isn't always how they show up in the listing.  Furthermore, I have to copy and paste authors' first and last names to switch the order around.  A drag system would be nice.  But the most important thing is to make sure there is a clear way to change the order (even if it has to be copy and paste); the order in edit mode should always match the order in the listing.

I'm not sure of what to put for the URL where this problem occurred since it happens in edit mode and on any paper with multiple authors.  (For an example, see:  http://philpapers.org/rec/NICOTP-2 )  I'm using Firefox 3.6 on Windows 7.   
Thanks!

2010-03-29
Order of Authors
Reply to Joshua May
Hi Joshua, thanks for reporting this. A major issue indeed. I believe the order of authors should now remain the same as in the editor. I'll see to adding a simple mechanism to change the order later on.