Back    All discussions

2010-11-29
Help: thesis

I'm looking for articles for my thesis (Universitas Catholica Sacri Cordis Iesu in Milan) about Underdetermination and the debate between Kukla and Laudan.

The articles I need (I looked for them at the library of my University, searched in the internet, asked to other libraries but had no results)

Sklar, 1982, "Saving the noumena", Philosophical Topics, 13:49-72

Kukla, A., 1993 "Laudan, Leplin, Empirical Evidence and Underdetermination", Analysis, 53: 1-7
Laudan and Leplin, "Determination Underdeterred", Analysis, 53: 8-15

Laudan and Leplin, 1991, "Empirical Equivalence and Underdetermination", Journal of Philosophy, 88: 449-472.

If someone owns them, please let me know.

G.F.

2010-12-02
Reply to Giulia Fabbri
Hello Giulia,

I am not sure what you mean by: "If someone owns them..." The cited articles (in the order of your list) are available at:

1 (Philosophical Topics) via the "Philosophy Documentation Center".

2&3 (Analysis) via Oxford Journals.

4 (Journal of Philosophy; archive) via JSTOR (though I have not confirmed this item).

For an individual one would need either a paid subscription to each journal or perhaps payment for single article access. A University member would (I imagine) have available Institutional access.

2010-12-09
Reply to Giulia Fabbri
Giulia, I can help. Details via email: jbs197906@yahoo.ca.

2010-12-09
Reply to Giulia Fabbri
Giulia, P.D. Magnus of the University of Albany New York has written pretty extensively on underdetermination. I am not sure, however, if he specifically addresses the Kukla-Laudan debate in his work. Many of his paper are accessible online through his professional page.