Dear PhilJobs administrators, thank you so much for creating a function whereby job seekers can download the listing information into a spreadsheet. I cheered when I saw it! However, the download spreadsheet function is not as useful as I had hoped, for several reasons:
- The date field does not translate consistently to Excel. Currently it downloads Nov 1 as "1/11/2013," and it downloads Nov 15 as "15-11-2013." This makes sorting job applications by deadline very difficult. Having lived in the UK and the US, I am comfortable with either format, but it ought to convert consistently to Excel. (I tried reformatting all the dates to DD-MON-YY, but then it just changes 1/11/13 to 11-Jan-2013.)
- The search function in the online listings offers various filters, but I don't see these in the spreadsheet. Possible to include them?
- job-type (faculty, post-doc, etc)
- contract-type (fixed, open, etc)
- The search function in the online listings also offers location. Would it be possible to include thi ... (read more)