- Egbeke Aja (1997). Crime and Punishment: An Indigenous African Experience. Journal of Value Inquiry 31 (3):353-368.
- Thaddeus Metz (forthcoming). Ubuntu as a Constitutional Principle. In Stu Woolman (ed.), Constitutional Law of South Africa, 2nd Edition. Juta.
- Thaddeus Metz (forthcoming). African Values, Human Rights and Group Rights: A Philosophical Foundation for the Banjul Charter. In Oche Onazi (ed.), African Legal Theory and Contemporary Problems: Critical Essays. Springer.
- Thaddeus Metz (forthcoming). Dignity in the Ubuntu Tradition. In Marcus Düwell (ed.), Cambridge Handbook on Human Dignity. Cambridge University Press.
- Thaddeus Metz (forthcoming). A Theory of National Reconciliation: Some Insights From Africa. In Claudio Corradetti, Nir Eisikovits & Jack Rotondi (eds.), Theorizing Transitional Justice. Ashgate.
- Thaddeus Metz (2012). African Values and Capital Punishment. In Gerard Walmsley (ed.), African Philosophy and the Future of Africa. Council for Research in Values and Philosophy.
- Thaddeus Metz (2012). Developing African Political Philosophy: Moral-Theoretic Strategies. Philosophia Africana 14 (1):61-83.
- Thaddeus Metz (2012). Human Rights, African Perspectives. In Deen Chatterjee (ed.), Encyclopedia of Global Justice. Springer.
- Thaddeus Metz (2012). African Conceptions of Human Dignity: Vitality and Community as the Ground of Human Rights. Human Rights Review 13 (1):19-37.
- Thaddeus Metz (2011). Ubuntu as a Moral Theory and Human Rights in South Africa. African Human Rights Law Journal 11 (2):532-559.
- Thaddeus Metz (2011). An African Theory of Dignity and a Relational Conception of Poverty. In John de Gruchy (ed.), The Humanist Imperative in South Africa. African Sun Media.
- Thaddeus Metz (2009). African Moral Theory and Public Governance: Nepotism, Preferential Hiring and Other Partiality. In Munyaradzi Felix Murove (ed.), African Ethics: An Anthology for Comparative and Applied Ethics. UKZN Press.
- Thaddeus Metz (2009). Higher Education, Knowledge For Its Own Sake, and an African Moral Theory. Studies in Philosophy and Education 28 (6):517-536.
- Thaddeus Metz (2008). Review of Polycarp Ikuenobe, Philosophical Perspectives on Communalism and Morality in African Traditions. [REVIEW] Journal of Contemporary African Studies 26 (2):236-238.
- Munyaradzi Felix Murove (ed.) (2009). African Ethics: An Anthology of Comparative and Applied Ethics. University of Kwazulu-Natal Press.
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: