PhilPapers is currently in read-only mode while we are performing some maintenance. You can use the site normally except that you cannot sign in. This shouldn't last long.
philosophical research online
New this week: 864
Jobs in this area
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Doctoral Research Fellowship - Theoretical Philosophy
Research Project Proposals
- Cheryl Abbate (2014). Virtues and Animals: A Minimally Decent Ethic for Practical Living in a Non-Ideal World. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics (6):1-23.
- Guy Axtell, Utilitarianism and Dewey's “Three Independent Factors in Morals”.
- Marcia Baron (2008). Virtue Ethics, Kantian Ethics, and the One Thought Too Many Objection. In Monika Betzler (ed.), Kant's Ethics of Virtues. Walter De Gruyter
- Marcia Baron (1997). Three Methods of Ethics: A Debate. Blackwell.
- Thom Brooks (2002). In Search of Śiva: Mahādēviyakka's V&Īraśaivism. Asian Philosophy 12 (1):21-34.
- Randy Cagle (2005). Becoming a Virtuous Agent: Kant and the Cultivation of Feelings and Emotions. Kant-Studien 96 (4):452-467.
- H. G. Callaway (2008). R.W. Emerson, Society and Solitude, Twelve Chapters. Edwin Mellen Press.
- Stephen Chanderbhan (2013). The Shifting Prominence of Emotions in the Moral Philosophy of Thomas Aquinas. Diametros 38:62-85.
- Brad Cokelet (forthcoming). Virtue Ethics and the Demands of Social Morality. In Mark Timmons (ed.), Oxford Studies in Normative Ethics, Vol. 4. Oxford University Press
- Bradford Cokelet (forthcoming). Virtue Ethics and the Demands of Social Morality. In Mark Timmons (ed.), Oxford Studies in Normative Ethics, Volume 4. Oxford University Press
- R. Das (2003). Virtue Ethics and Right Action. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 81 (3):324 – 339.
- James Griffin (1998). Virtue Ethics and Environs. Social Philosophy and Policy 15 (01):56-.
- Bina Gupta (2006). Bhagavad G?Tā as Duty and Virtue Ethics. Journal of Religious Ethics 34 (3):373-395.
- Lawrence J. Jost & Julian Wuerth (eds.) (2011). Perfecting Virtue: New Essays on Kantian Ethics and Virtue Ethics. Cambridge University Press.
- Robert B. Louden (1986). Kant's Virtue Ethics. Philosophy 61 (238):473 - 489.
- James Edwin Mahon (2012). Review of Deception: From Ancient Empires to Internet Dating. [REVIEW] Philosophy in Review 32 (4):275-278.
- Gregory F. Mellema (2010). Moral Ideals and Virtue Ethics. Journal of Ethics 14 (2):173-180.
- Daniel Nica (2011). Originile Disputei Etice Dintre Particularism Şi Generalism: Platon Şi Aristotel. Annals of Philosophy. University of Bucharest:51-63.
- Martha C. Nussbaum (1999). Virtue Ethics: A Misleading Category? [REVIEW] Journal of Ethics 3 (3):163-201.
- Matthew B. O'Brien (2012). The Second-Person Perspective in Aquinas's Ethics: Virtues and Gifts. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Michael Slote (1990). Ethics Without Free Will. Social Theory and Practice 16 (3):369-383.
- Somogy Varga (forthcoming). Self-Realization and Owing to Others. A Morality Constrain? International Journal of Philosophical Studies.
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: