Philosophy of Race, General Works
- J. A. I. Bewaji (1997). Review Essays : Cornel West, Keeping Faith: Philosophy and Race in America. Routledge, New York, 1993. Pp. XVII, 319. £35 (Cloth), £11.99 (Paper. [REVIEW] Philosophy of the Social Sciences 27 (2):212-218.
- Tina F. Botts, Liam K. Bright, Myisha Cherry, Guntur Mallarangeng & Quayshawn Spencer (2014). What is the State of Blacks in Philosophy? Critical Philosophy of Race 2 (2):224-242.
- Bernard Boxill (2005). Rousseau, Natural Man, and Race. In Andrew Valls (ed.), Race and Racism in Modern Philosophy. Cornell University Press
- Bernard Boxill (ed.) (1996). Race and Racism (Oxford Readings in Philosophy). Oxford UP.
- Bernard R. Boxill (2009). Frederick Douglass's Patriotism. Journal of Ethics 13 (4):301 - 317.
- Stephen Capone Jr (2009). Review of "Race Questions, Provincialism, & Other American Problems&Quot. [REVIEW] Newsletter of the Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy 37 (108).
- Ori J. Herstein (2009). Historic Injustice, Group Membership and Harm to Individuals: Defending Claims for Historic Justice From the Non-Identity Problem. Harvard Journal of Racial and Ethnic Justice 25:229.
Philosophy of Race, Misc
- Alia Al-Saji (2009). Muslim Women and the Rhetoric of Freedom. In Mariana Ortega & Linda Martín Alcoff (eds.), Constructing the Nation: A Race and Nationalism Reader. SUNY Press
- Mark Alfano (forthcoming). Stereotype Threat and Intellectual Virtue. In Owen Flanagan & Abrol Fairweather (eds.), Naturalizing Virtue. Cambridge University Press
- Alison Bailey (2010). On Intersectionality and the Whiteness of Feminist Philosophy. In George Yancy (ed.), THE CENTER MUST NOT HOLD: WHITE WOMEN PHILOSOPHERS ON THE WHITENESS OF PHILOSOPHY. Lexington Books
- Alison Bailey (2007). Strategic Ignorance. In Shannon Sullivan & Nancy Tuana (eds.), Race and Epistemologies of Ignorance. State Univ of New York Pr 77--94.
- Alison Bailey (2000). Locating Traitorous Identities: Toward a Theory of White Character Formation. In Sandra Harding & Uma Narayan (eds.), Hypatia. University of Indiana Press
- Paul Benson (2011). Symposia on Gender, Race and Philosophy. Hypatia 24 (4):26-49.
- Kum-Kum Bhavnani & Meg Coulson (2003). Race'. In Mary Eagleton (ed.), A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory. Blackwell
- David Bindman (2002). Ape to Apollo: Aesthetics and the Idea of Race in the 18th Century. Cornell University Press.
- Michael Burke (1993). Race and the Modern Philosophy Course. Teaching Philosophy 16 (1):21-34.
- Geraldine Finn (1992). The Politics of Contingency: The Contingency of Politics--On the Political Implications of Merleau-Ponty's Ontology of the Flesh. In Thomas Busch Shaun Gallagher (ed.), Merleau-Ponty: Hermeneutics and Postmodernism.
- Miranda Fricker (2010). Replies to Alcoff, Goldberg, and Hookway on Epistemic Injustice. Episteme 7 (2):164-178.
- Miranda Fricker (2007). Epistemic Injustice: Power and the Ethics of Knowing. Oxford University Press.
- Lisa Guenther (2011). The Ethics and Politics of Otherness: Negotiating Alterity and Racial Difference. Philosophia 1 (2):195-214.
- Jonathan Kaplan & Andrew Valls (2007). Housing Discrimination As a Basis for Black Reparations. Public Affairs Quarterly 21 (3):255-274.
- Pauline Kleingeld (2007). Kant's Second Thoughts on Race. Philosophical Quarterly 57 (229):573–592.
- Sarah-Jane Leslie (forthcoming). Carving Up the Social World with Generics. Oxford Studies in Experimental Philosophy.
- Christy Mag Uidhir (2013). What's So Bad About Blackface? In Dan Flory & Mary Bloodsworth-Lugo (eds.), Race, Philosophy, and Film. Routledge 51.
- Christy Mag Uidhir (2012). The Aesthetics of Actor-Character Race Matching in Film Fictions. Philosophers' Imprint 12 (3).
- Mariana Ortega & Linda Martín Alcoff (eds.) (2009). Constructing the Nation: A Race and Nationalism Reader. SUNY Press.
- Marjorie Rhodes, Sarah-Jane Leslie & Christina Tworek (2012). Cultural Transmission of Social Essentialism. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 109 (34):13526-13531.
- Devora Shapiro (2012). “Objectivity” and the Arbitration of Experiential Knowledge. Social Philosophy Today 28:67-82.
- Alexis Shotwell (2011). Knowing Otherwise: Race, Gender, and Implicit Understanding. Penn State.
- Lisa Tessman (2010). “Against the Whiteness of Ethics: Dilemmatizing as a Critical Approach”. In George Yancy (ed.), The Center Must Not Hold.
- George Yancy (ed.) (2010). The Center Must Not Hold: White Women Philosophers on the Whiteness of Philosophy. Lexington Books.
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: