- Faculty, California State University, Northridge
- PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2007.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
I wrote my dissertation on Kant's theory of evil at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, under Stephen Darwall, and I defended it in June of 2007. After that, I took a year-long postdoctoral position at Notre Dame's Center for Philosophy of Religion. In 2008, I started as an assistant professor of philosophy at California State University, Northridge. Right now I'm working primarily on Kant's moral psychologies, specifically his conceptions of character, evil, happiness, and maxims. In addition, I'm working on meta-atheism, the meaning of life, Kant's moral argument for belief in the existence of God, and figuring out which libertarian account of free will I accept (I'm leaning strongly to agent-causal).
- Robert Gressis (2015). Review: Pasternack, Lawrence, Routledge Philosophy Guidebook to Kant on Religion Within the Boundaries of Mere Reason. [REVIEW] Kantian Review 20 (2):341-345.
- Robert Gressis (2012). Free Will," by Joseph Keim Campbell". Teaching Philosophy 35 (2):223-226.
- Robert Gressis (2012). Review: Hill, Thomas (Ed.), The Blackwell Guide to Kant's Ethics. [REVIEW] Journal of Moral Philosophy 9 (2):302-304.
- Robert Gressis (2011). Kant: Morality and the Good. Philosophical Forum 42 (3):316-317.
- Rob Gressis (2010). Recent Work on Kantian Maxims I: Established Approaches. Philosophy Compass 5 (3):216-227.
- Rob Gressis (2010). Recent Work on Kantian Maxims II. Philosophy Compass 5 (3):228-239.
- Robert Gressis (2010). Review: Firestone, Kant and Theology at the Boundaries of Reason. [REVIEW] International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 67 (3):187-191.
- Robert Gressis (2010). Review: Anderson-Gold, Sharon, and Muchnik, Pablo, Kant's Anatomy of Evil. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2010 (7).
- Robert Gressis (2009). Review: Firestone, Chris L., and Jacobs, Nathan, In Defense of Kant's Religion. [REVIEW] International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 66 (3):167-171.
- Robert Gressis (2007). Review: Hare, John E., God and Morality: A Philosophical History. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2007 (11).
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: