- Postdoc, Valparaiso University
- PhD, University of Southern California, 2014.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
I am interested in the intersection of metaphysics, theology, and philosophy of science in seventeenth and eighteenth century philosophy. I am especially interested in the idealistic metaphysical systems of Berkeley and Leibniz. I also work on the philosophy of religion, where I am interested primarily in metaphysical theology (divine attributes, etc.) and science and religion issues.
- Kenneth L. Pearce, A Leibnizian Theory of Miracles.
- Kenneth L. Pearce, Berkeley's Meta-Ontology: Bodies, Forces, and the Semantics of 'Exists'.
- Kenneth L. Pearce, Leibniz on Phenomenalism, Mechanism, and the Great Chain of Being.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (forthcoming). Berkeley's Philosophy of Religion. In Richard Brook & Bertil Belfrage (eds.), The Continuum Companion to Berkeley. Bloomsbury.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (forthcoming). Infinite Power and Finite Powers. In Benedikt Paul Goecke & Christian Tapp (eds.), The Infinity of God: Scientific, Theological, and Philosophical Perspectives. Notre Dame University Press.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (forthcoming). The Puzzle of Existence: Why Is There Something Rather Than Nothing? [REVIEW] Faith and Philosophy 31.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (2014). Berkeley's Lockean Religious Epistemology. Journal of the History of Ideas 75 (3):417-438.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (2014). Language and the Structure of Berkeley's World. Dissertation, University of Southern California
- Kenneth L. Pearce (2012). Thomas Reid on Character and Freedom. History of Philosophy Quarterly 29 (2):159-176.
- Kenneth L. Pearce & Alexander R. Pruss (2012). Understanding Omnipotence. Religious Studies 48 (3):403-414.
- Kenneth L. Pearce, Omnipotence. The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Kenneth L. Pearce (2008). The Semantics of Sense Perception in Berkeley. Religious Studies 44 (3):249-268.
- Kenneth L. Pearce, Can Berkeley's God Raise the Same Body, Transformed?
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: