- Faculty, University of Adelaide
- PhD, Princeton University, 2004.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
Antony Eagle is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Adelaide. Before that, he was at Exeter College Oxford for quite a while. Before that, he was at Princeton. And before that, he was at Melbourne.
- Antony Eagle (forthcoming). Composition as Identity, Edited by A.J. Cotnoir and Donald L.M. Baxter. [REVIEW] Australasian Journal of Philosophy:1-3.
- Antony Eagle (forthcoming). Probability and Randomness. In Alan Hájek & Christopher Hitchcock (eds.), Oxford Handbook of Probability and Philosophy. Oxford University Press
- Antony Eagle (2014). Is the Past a Matter of Chance? In Alastair Wilson (ed.), Chance and Temporal Asymmetry. Oxford University Press 126-158.
- Antony Eagle (2013). A Metaphysics For Freedom, by Helen Steward. [REVIEW] Australasian Journal of Philosophy 91 (4):833-833.
- Antony Eagle (2011). Deterministic Chance. Noûs 45 (2):269 - 299.
- Antony Eagle, Chance Versus Randomness. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Antony Eagle (2010). Duration in Relativistic Spacetime. In Dean Zimmerman (ed.), Oxford Studies in Metaphysics, volume 5. Oxford University Press 113-17.
- Antony Eagle (2010). Location and Perdurance. In Dean Zimmerman (ed.), Oxford Studies in Metaphysics, volume 5. Oxford Univerity Press 53-94.
- Antony Eagle (ed.) (2010). Philosophy of Probability: Contemporary Readings. Routledge.
- Antony Eagle (2009). Causal Structuralism, Dispositional Actualism, and Counterfactual Conditionals. In Toby Handfield (ed.), Dispositions and Causes. Oxford University Press 65--99.
- Antony Eagle (2008). Mathematics and Conceptual Analysis. Synthese 161 (1):67–88.
- Antony Eagle (2007). Pragmatic Causation. In Huw Price & Richard Corry (eds.), Causation, Physics, and the Constitution of Reality: Russell's Republic Revisited. Oxford University Press
- Antony Eagle (2007). Reply to Stone on Counterpart Theory and Four-Dimensionalism. Analysis 67 (2):159 - 162.
- Antony Eagle (2007). Telling Tales. Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 107 (1pt2):125 - 147.
- Antony Eagle (2006). Review: Probability: A Philosophical Introduction. [REVIEW] Mind 115 (459):773-777.
- Antony Eagle (2005). A Note on Dolby and Gull on Radar Time and the Twin 'Paradox'. American Journal of Physics 73:976–979.
- Antony Eagle (2005). Randomness Is Unpredictability. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 56 (4):749-790.
- Antony Eagle (2004). A Causal Theory of Chance? [REVIEW] Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part A 35 (4):883-890.
- Antony Eagle (2004). On Some Scientific Modalities: Propensities, Randomness and Causation. Dissertation, Princeton University
- Antony Eagle (2004). Twenty-One Arguments Against Propensity Analyses of Probability. Erkenntnis 60 (3):371–416.
- Antony Eagle, Elements of Deductive Logic.
- Antony Eagle, Feminist Epistemology.
- Antony Eagle, 'Might' Counterfactuals.
- Antony Eagle, Introduction.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: