- Faculty, California State University, Fullerton
- PhD, University of Washington, 2001.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
Not much to say..
- John K. Davis (2015). Faultless Disagreement, Cognitive Command, and Epistemic Peers. Synthese 192 (1):1-24.
- John Davis (2012). Buddha, the Apostle Paul, and John Hick: The Challenge of Inter-Religious Epistemologies. Philosophia Christi 14 (1):145-164.
- John K. Davis (2012). Applying Principles to Cases and the Problem of Judgment. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 15 (4):563 - 577.
- John Davis (2011). How Personal Agents Are Located in Space: Implications for Worship, Eucharist, and Union with Christ. Philosophia Christi 13 (2):437-444.
- John K. Davis (2010). An Alternative to Relativism. Philosophical Topics 38 (2):17-37.
- John K. Davis (2009). Subjectivity, Judgment, and the Basing Relationship. Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 90 (1):21-40.
- John Davis (2008). Selecting Potential Children and Unconditional Parental Love. Bioethics 22 (5):258–268.
- John K. Davis (2008). Futility, Conscientious Refusal, and Who Gets to Decide. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 33 (4):356-373.
- John Davis (2007). Precedent Autonomy, Advance Directives, and End-of-Life Care. In Bonnie Steinbock (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Bioethics. Oxford University Press.
- John K. Davis (2006). Surviving Interests and Living Wills. Public Affairs Quarterly 20 (1):17-30.
- John K. Davis (2005). Life-Extension and the Malthusian Objection. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 30 (1):27 – 44.
- John K. Davis (2004). Conscientious Refusal and a Doctors's Right to Quit. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 29 (1):75 – 91.
- John K. Davis (2004). Precedent Autonomy and Subsequent Consent. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 7 (3):267-291.
- John Davis (2003). Collective Intentionality Analysis, Complex Economic Behavior, and Valuation. ProtoSociology: An International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research 18.
- J. Davis (1992). History and the People Without Europe.
- J. Davis (1992). The Anthropology of Suffering.
- John Davis (1992). Exchange. Univ of Minnesota Press.
- J. Davis (1991). Times and Identities an Inaugural Lecture Delivered Before the University of Oxford on 1 May 1991. Monograph Collection (Matt - Pseudo).
- J. Davis (1984). Yashj Nandan, Ed., "Emile Durkheim: Contributions to L'Année Sociologique". [REVIEW] Theory and Society 13 (1):140.
- Charles Hutton, J. Davis, Johnson & G. G. Robinson (1796). A Mathematical and Philosophical Dictionary Containing an Explanation of the Terms, and an Account of the Several Subjects, Comprized Under the Heads Mathematics, Astronomy, and Philosophy Both Natural and Experimental: With an Historical Account of the Rise, Progress, and Present State of These Sciences: Also Memoirs of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Authors, Both Ancient and Modern, Who by Their Discoveries or Improvements Have Contributed to the Advance of Them. In Two Volumes. With Many Cuts and Copper Plates. Printed by J. Davis, for J. Johnson, in St. Paul's Church-Yard; and G. G. And J. Robinson, in Paternoster-Row.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: