- Postdoc, University of Tartu
- PhD, Scuola Normale Superiore, 2007.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I've been working in meta-ethics, mainly on the buck-passing account of value, reasons, non-naturalism, and the history of moral philosophy. I am interested in some of the experimental work on moral judgment.
- Francesco Orsi (forthcoming). What's Wrong with Moorean Buck-Passing? Philosophical Studies.
- Francesco Orsi (2013). Russ Shafer-Landau, Ed. , Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Volume 5 . Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 33 (1):77-81.
- Francesco Orsi (2013). Russ Shafer-Landau, Ed. , Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Volume 6 . Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 33 (1):77-81.
- Francesco Orsi (2012). David Ross, Ideal Utilitarianism, and the Intrinsic Value of Acts. Journal for the History of Analytic Philosophy 1 (2).
- Francesco Orsi (2012). Moral Judgment, Sensitivity To Reasons, and the Multi-System View. The Baltic International Yearbook Of Cognition, Logic And Communication 7:1-19.
- Francesco Orsi (2008). L'io Morale. David Hume E l'Etica Contemporanea. Hume Studies 34 (1):159-162.
- Francesco Orsi (2008). Obligations of Nearness. Journal of Value Inquiry 42 (1):1-21.
- Francesco Orsi (2008). The Dualism of the Practical Reason: Some Interpretations and Responses. Etica and Politica / Ethics & Politics 10 (2):19-41.
- Francesco Orsi (2006). Naturalism and the Buck-Passing Account of Value. Philosophical Writings 32:58-77.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: