- Faculty, Loyola University, New Orleans
- DPhil, Oxford University, 2007.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am currently an Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Loyola University, New Orleans, and before I was in the Department of Philosophy at U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Prior to this, I was the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Business Ethics at the University of Calgary in Calgary, Alberta. I completed my doctorate at the University of Oxford (Magdalen College) under the supervision of Derek Parfit and Roger Crisp. While working on my doctorate, I was a Visiting Lecturer at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and at the University of Reading in Reading, UK. For more information, please see https://loyno.academia.edu/LeonardKahn
- Avram Hiller, Ramona Ilea & Leonard Kahn (eds.) (2013). Consequentialism and Environmental Ethics. Routledge.
- Leonard Kahn (2013). In Cyberwarfare1. In Fritz Allhoff, Nicholas Evans & Adam Henschke (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Ethics and War: Just War Theory in the 21st Century. Routledge. 382.
- Leonard Kahn (2013). Just War Theory and Cyber-Attacks. In Fritz Alhoff, Nicholas Evans & Adam Henschke (eds.), Not Just Wars. Routledge.
- Leonard Kahn (2013). Rule Consequentialism and Disasters. Philosophical Studies 162 (2):219-236.
- Leonard Kahn (2012). Legal Theory, Law, and Normativity. Journal of Moral Philosophy 9 (1):115-126.
- Leonard Kahn (ed.) (2012). Mill on Justice. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Leonard Kahn (2012). Review Article: Legal Theory, Law, and Normativity. Journal of Moral Philosophy 9 (1):115-126.
- Leonard Kahn (2012). Rule Consequentialism and Scope. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 15 (5):631-646.
- Leonard Kahn (2012). The Objection From Justice and the Conceptual/Substantive Distinction. In , Mill on Justice. Palgrave Macmillan. 198.
- Leonard Kahn (2012). Voluntary Human Engineering, Climate Change, and N-Person Prisoners Dilemmas. Ethics, Policy and Environment 15 (2):241 - 243.
- Leonard Kahn (2011). Conflict, Regret, and Modern Moral Philosophy. In Thom Brooks (ed.), New Waves in Ethics.
- Leonard Kahn (2011). Moral Blameworthiness and the Reactive Attitudes. Ethical Theory and Moral Practice 14 (2):131-142.
- Leonard Kahn (2010). Just War Theory, Political Liberalism, and Non-Combatant Immunity. Theoretical and Applied Ethics.
- Leonard Kahn (2010). Review of "Essays on Derek Parfit's ON WHAT MATTERS&Quot;. [REVIEW] Metapsychology 14 (24).
- Justin D'Arms, Robert Francesscotti, I. Haji, Susan Hurley, Leonard Kahn, Brian Kierland, K. Lippert-Rasmussen, Douglas Portmore, Betsy Postow & Bernard Rollin (2006). Manuscript Referees for The Journal of Ethics: August 2005–July 2006. Journal of Ethics 10:507.
- Justin D’Arms, Julia Driver, Anthony Ellis, Francisco Gonzales, George W. Harris, Aleksandar Jokic, Leonard Kahn, Phillip Montague, G. Di Muzio & Gerald Press (2005). Manuscript Referees for The Journal of Ethics Volume 9: September 2004–June 2005. Journal of Ethics 9:581.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: