- Postdoc, Oxford University
- PhD, Florida State University, 2013.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am a Wellcome Trust Research Fellow based at the Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics and the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford. I am also a Junior Research Fellow at Jesus College, and a James Martin Fellow at the Oxford Martin School.
- Joshua Shepherd (forthcoming). Conscious Action/Zombie Action. Noûs.
- Joshua Shepherd (forthcoming). Conscious Control Over Action. Mind and Language.
- Joshua Shepherd (forthcoming). Consciousness, Free Will, and Moral Responsibility: Taking the Folk Seriously. Philosophical Psychology:1-18.
- Joshua Shepherd (forthcoming). Scientific Challenges to Free Will and Moral Responsibility. Philosophy Compass.
- Joshua Shepherd & Michael Bishop (forthcoming). The Case for Naturalized Epistemology. In Stefan Tolksdorf & Dirk Koppleberg (eds.), Erkenntnistheorie: Wie und Wozu? Mentis Publishers.
- Joshua Shepherd & James Justus (forthcoming). X-Phi and Carnapian Explication. Erkenntnis:1-22.
- Randolph Clarke, Joshua Shepherd, John Stigall, Robyn Repko Waller & Chris Zarpentine (2015). Causation, Norms, and Omissions: A Study of Causal Judgments. Philosophical Psychology 28 (2):279-293.
- Joshua Shepherd (2014). Causalism and Intentional Omission. American Philosophical Quarterly 51:15-26.
- Joshua Shepherd (2014). Deciding as Intentional Action: Control Over Decisions. Australasian Journal of Philosophy:1-17.
- Joshua Shepherd (2014). Minimizing Harm Via Psychological Intervention: Response to Glannon. Journal of Medical Ethics 40:662-663.
- Joshua Shepherd (2014). The Contours of Control. Philosophical Studies 170 (3):395-411.
- Alfred Mele & Joshua Shepherd (2013). Situationism and Agency. Journal of Practical Ethics 1 (1):62-83.
- Joshua Shepherd (2013). The Apparent Illusion of Conscious Deciding. Philosophical Explorations 16 (1):18 - 30.
- Joshua Shepherd (2013). Why Block Can't Stand the HOT. Journal of Consciousness Studies 20 (3-4):183-195.
- Joshua Shepherd (2012). Action, Attitude, and the Knobe Effect: Another Asymmetry. Review of Philosophy and Psychology 3 (2):171-185.
- Joshua Shepherd (2012). Action, Mindreading and Embodied Social Cognition. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences 11 (4):507-518.
- Joshua Shepherd (2012). Free Will and Consciousness: Experimental Studies. Consciousness and Cognition 21 (2):915-927.
- Joshua Shepherd, Intentional Control And Consciousness.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: