- Postdoc, University of Athens
- PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2008.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
Hylarie Kochiras is currently a visiting scholar at the Department of Philosophy & History of Science (ΜΙΘΕ) of the University of Athens. She held a European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) fellowship during 2011-2012 at Bucharest’s New Europe College, and was a postdoctoral fellow during 2010-2011 at the University of Pittsburg’s Center for Philosophy of Science during 2010-2011. She was, previously Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University at Buffalo (2008-2010), following her Ph.D. at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Her research focuses early modern philosophy of science.
- Hylarie Kochiras (forthcoming). Causal Language and the Structure of Force in Newton’s System of the World. HOPOS.
- Hylarie Kochiras (forthcoming). The Mechanical Philosophy and Newton's Mechanical Force. 80 (4).
- Gordon Belot, Mark J. Schervish, Teddy Seidenfeld, Joseph B. Kadane, Miles MacLeod, Nancy J. Nersessian, Hylarie Kochiras, Bryan W. Roberts, Elay Shech & Richard Healey (2013). 1. Bayesian Orgulity Bayesian Orgulity (Pp. 483-503). Philosophy of Science 80 (4).
- Hylarie Kochiras (2012). By Ye Divine Arm: God and Substance in De Gravitatione. Religious Studies 2012 (September):1-30.
- Hylarie Kochiras (2012). Spiritual Presence and Dimensional Space Beyond the Cosmos. Intellectual History Review 22 (1):41-68.
- Peter Machamer, J. E. Mcguire & Hylarie Kochiras (2012). Newton and the Mechanical Philosophy: Gravitation as the Balance of the Heavens. Southern Journal of Philosophy 50 (3):370-388.
- Hylarie Kochiras (2011). Gravity's Cause and Substance Counting: Contextualizing the Problems. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science 42 (1):167-184.
- Hylarie Kochiras (2009). Gravity and Newton's Substance Counting Problem. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science 40 (3):267-280.
- Hylarie Kochiras, Locke's Philosophy of Science. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Hylarie Kochiras (2006). Belief Contexts and Epistemic Possibility. Principia 10 (1):1-20.
- Hylarie Kochiras (2006). Freud Said--Or Simon Says? Informed Consent and the Advancement of Psychoanalysis as a Science. Medicine, Health Care, and Philosophy 9 (2):227-241.
Is this list right?
Graduate studies at Western
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: