- Faculty, Florida State University
- PhD, University of California, Berkeley, 2009.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
I completed my Ph.D. at Berkeley in 2009, and am now Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Florida State University. My research specializations are in epistemology and the philosophy of mind, "broadly construed", especially in places where empirical research and philosophical problems can bear on one another. My major current project concerns the knowledge we have of our intentional actions.
- John Schwenkler (forthcoming). Essays on Anscombe's Intention, Ed. Ford, Hornsby, and Stoutland. [REVIEW] Journal of Moral Philosophy.
- John Schwenkler (forthcoming). On Doing and Knowing. Proceedings of the American Catholic Philosophical Association.
- John Schwenkler (forthcoming). Rational Causation, by Eric Marcus. [REVIEW] Journal of Moral Philosophy.
- John Schwenkler (2014). Vision, Self‐Location, and the Phenomenology of the 'Point of View'. Noûs 48 (1):137-155.
- J. Schwenkler (2013). Immunity to Error Through Misidentification * Edited by Simon Prosser and Francois Recanati. [REVIEW] Analysis 73 (1):180-182.
- John Schwenkler (2013). A. Ford, J. Hornsby, and F. Stoutland, Eds., Essays on Anscombe's Intention. Journal of Moral Philosophy 10 (2):241-243.
- John Schwenkler (2013). Do Things Look the Way They Feel? Analysis 73 (1):86-96.
- John Schwenkler (2013). The Objects of Bodily Awareness. Philosophical Studies 162 (2):465-472.
- John Schwenkler (2012). Does Visual Spatial Awareness Require the Visual Awareness of Space? Mind and Language 27 (3):308-329.
- John Schwenkler (2012). Non-Observational Knowledge of Action. Philosophy Compass 7 (10):731-740.
- John Schwenkler (2012). Objectivity and the Parochial. American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 86 (1):173-175.
- John Schwenkler (2012). On the Matching of Seen and Felt Shape by Newly Sighted Subjects. I-Perception 3 (3):186-188.
- John Schwenkler (2011). Perception and Practical Knowledge. Philosophical Explorations 14 (2):137-152.
- John Schwenkler (2010). Michael Dummett on the Morality of Contraception. Heythrop Journal 53 (5):763-767.
- John Louis Schwenkler (2009). Space and Self-Awareness. Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley
- John L. Schwenkler (2008). Mental Vs. Embodied Models of Mirrored Self-Recognition: Some Preliminary Considerations. In B. Hardy-Valeé & N. Payette (eds.), Beyond the Brain: Embodied, Situated, and Distributed Cognition. Cambridge Scholars Press.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: