- PhD, York University, 1998.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
Not much to say..
- Shelley Tremain (forthcoming). Foucault and (A) Feminist Philosophy of Disability. University of Michigan Press.
- Shelley Tremain (ed.) (forthcoming). Foucault and the Government of Disability, Second Edition. 2014.
- Shelley Tremain (forthcoming). Review of Why Have Children? The Ethical Debate by Christine Overall. [REVIEW] APA Newsletter on Feminism and Philosophy.
- Shelley Tremain (2013). Educating Jouy. Hypatia 28 (2):801-817.
- Shelley Tremain (2012). Review Essay of Racism and Sexual Oppression in Anglo-America: A Genealogy by Ladelle McWhorter and The Faces of Intellectual Disability: Philosophical Reflections by Licia Carlson. [REVIEW] Hypatia 27 (2):440-445.
- Shelley Tremain (2010). Biopower, Styles of Reasoning, and What's Still Missing From the Stem Cell Debates. Hypatia 25 (3):577 - 609.
- Shelley Tremain (2009). Review of One of Us: Conjoined Twins and the Future of Normal by Alice Domurat Dreger. [REVIEW] International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics 2 (1):181-184.
- Shelley Tremain (2008). The Biopolitics of Bioethics and Disability. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 5 (2/3):101-106.
- Shelley Tremain (2006). On the Government of Disability: Foucault, Power, and the Subject of Impairment. In Lennard J. Davis (ed.), The Disability Studies Reader.
- Shelley Tremain (2006). Reproductive Freedom, Self-Regulation, and the Government of Impairment in Utero. Hypatia 21 (1):35-53.
- Shelley Tremain (2006). Stemming the Tide of Normalisation: An Expanded Feminist Analysis of the Ethics and Social Impact of Embryonic Stem Cell Research. [REVIEW] Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 3 (1-2):33-42.
- Shelley Tremain (ed.) (2005). Foucault and the Government of Disability. University of Michigan Press.
- Shelley Tremain (2003). Theoretical Perspectives on the Construction of the Gendered Body and Disability. In Penny Van Esterik (ed.), Head, Heart, and Hand: Partnerships for Women's Health in Canadian Environments.
- Shelley Tremain (2002). On the Subject of Impairment. In Corker And Shakespeare (ed.), Disability/Postmodernity: Embodying Disability Theory.
- Shelley Tremain (2001). On the Government of Disability. Social Theory and Practice 27 (4):617-636.
- Shelley Tremain (2000). Queering Disabled Sexuality Studies. Sexuality and Disability 18 (4):291-299.
- Shelley Tremain (1997). Book Review: The Rejected Body: Feminist Philosophical Reflections on Disability by Susan Wendell. New York: Routledge, 1996. [REVIEW] Hypatia 12 (2):219-223.
- Shelley Tremain (1996). Dworkin on Disablement and Resources. Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 9 (2):343-359.
Is this list right?
Graduate studies at Western
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: