- Faculty, Simon Fraser University
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2010.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I work primarily on Kant and post-Kantian philosophy. The focus of my research is on motivation, freedom, justification, and normativity, as well as other topics in moral psychology and meta-ethics broadly construed. I also have strong interests in current debates surrounding the nature of wrongdoing and forgiveness.
- Owen Ware (forthcoming). Kant's Deductions of Morality and Freedom. Canadian Journal of Philosophy.
- Owen Ware (2016). Fichte on Conscience. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 92 (2).
- Owen Ware (2016). Skepticism in Kant's Groundwork. European Journal of Philosophy 24 (2):375-396.
- Owen Ware (2015). Agency and Evil in Fichte’s Ethics. Philosophers' Imprint 15 (11).
- Owen Ware (2015). Accessing the Moral Law Through Feeling. Kantian Review 20 (2):301-311.
- Owen Ware (2014). Forgiveness and Respect for Persons. American Philosophical Quarterly 51 (3).
- Owen Ware (2014). Kant on Moral Sensibility and Moral Motivation. Journal of the History of Philosophy 52 (4):727-746.
- Owen Ware (2014). Rethinking Kant's Fact of Reason. Philosophers' Imprint 14 (32).
- Owen Ware & Donald C. Ainslie (2014). Consciousness and Personal Identity. In Aaron Garrett (ed.), The Routledge Companion to Eighteenth Century Philosophy. Routledge 245-264.
- Owen Ware (2013). Review: Hill, Thomas (Ed.), Virtue, Rules, and Justice: Kantian Aspirations. [REVIEW] British Journal for the History of Philosophy 21 (5):1005 - 1008.
- Owen Ware (2012). Review: Roth, Klas and Surprenant, Chris (Eds.), Kant and Education: Interpretations and Commentary. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews:unknown.
- Owen Ware (2010). Fichte's Voluntarism. European Journal of Philosophy 18 (2):262-282.
- Owen Ware (2010). Kant, Skepticism, and Moral Sensibility. Dissertation, University of Toronto
- Owen Ware (2009). The Duty of Self-Knowledge. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 79 (3):671-698.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: