- Faculty, Simon Fraser University
- PhD, University of Toronto, 2010.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I work primarily on Kant and 19th century German philosophy. The focus of my research is on motivation, freedom, justification, and normativity, as well as other topics in moral psychology and meta-ethics broadly construed. I also have strong interests in current debates surrounding the nature of wrongdoing and forgiveness.
- Owen Ware (forthcoming). Kant's Deductions of Morality and Freedom. Canadian Journal of Philosophy:1-32.
- Owen Ware (2016). Fichte on Conscience. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 92 (2).
- Owen Ware (2016). Skepticism in Kant's Groundwork. European Journal of Philosophy 24 (2):375-396.
- Owen Ware (2015). Agency and Evil in Fichte’s Ethics. Philosophers' Imprint 15 (11).
- Owen Ware (2015). Accessing the Moral Law Through Feeling. Kantian Review 20 (2):301-311.
- Owen Ware (2014). Forgiveness and Respect for Persons. American Philosophical Quarterly 51 (3).
- Owen Ware (2014). Kant on Moral Sensibility and Moral Motivation. Journal of the History of Philosophy 52 (4):727-746.
- Owen Ware (2014). Rethinking Kant's Fact of Reason. Philosophers' Imprint 14 (32).
- Owen Ware & Donald C. Ainslie (2014). Consciousness and Personal Identity. In Aaron Garrett (ed.), The Routledge Companion to Eighteenth Century Philosophy. Routledge 245-264.
- Owen Ware (2013). Review: Hill, Thomas (Ed.), Virtue, Rules, and Justice: Kantian Aspirations. [REVIEW] British Journal for the History of Philosophy 21 (5):1005 - 1008.
- Owen Ware (2012). Review: Roth, Klas and Surprenant, Chris (Eds.), Kant and Education: Interpretations and Commentary. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews:unknown.
- Owen Ware (2010). Fichte's Voluntarism. European Journal of Philosophy 18 (2):262-282.
- Owen Ware (2010). Kant, Skepticism, and Moral Sensibility. Dissertation, University of Toronto
- Owen Ware (2009). The Duty of Self-Knowledge. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 79 (3):671-698.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: