- Faculty, University of Erfurt
- Faculty, Ludwig Maximilians Universität, München
- PhD, Ludwig Maximilians Universität, München, 1997.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
There are historical records which say that some of my ancestors lived in Crete until the 17th century. Now, Epimenides and Apostle Paul and many other people whom I trust, say that Cretans are liars. During my military service in a unit full of soldiers of Cretan descent, I came to believe that every Cretan's progeny also loves to lie. Since this, combined with the aforementioned historical records would make me a lover of lie in my eyes, I hope that Cretans always lie in their historical records - therefore that I have no Cretan ancestry after all. Now, my preceding remarks less the hope, are, strictly speaking, a historical record. But then they are either a historical record about a non-Cretan who hopes to say something untrue about his (alleged) Cretan descent, or a historical record of a Cretan, who hopes to say something untrue due to his being a Cretan. Therefore, the hope which I expressed, has the strength of the hope that I am a liar.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (forthcoming). Mind the Croc! Rationality Gaps Vis-À-Vis the Crocodile Paradox. History and Philosophy of Logic:1-13.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2015). Gaps, Gluts and God. In Miroslaw Szatkowski (ed.), God, Truth, and Other Enigmas. De Gruyter. 71-76.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2014). Logic for the Decalogue. Sophia 53 (3):331-338.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2014). Yujin Nagasawa (Hg.), Scientific Approaches to the Philosophy of Religion. Philosophische Rundschau 61 (1):82-85.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2013). [Review of] Jon Williamson/Federica Russo (Eds.), Key Terms in Logic, London: Continuum, 2010. [REVIEW] Logical Analysis and History of Philosophy 16:384-386.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2012). Does the Kind of Necessity Which is Represented by S5 Capture a Theologically Defensible Notion of a Necessary Being? In Miroslaw Szatkowski (ed.), Ontological Proofs today. Ontos.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2012). Does the Kind of Necessity Which Is Represented by S5 Capture Logically Defensible Notion of a Nece. In Miroslaw Szatkowski (ed.), Ontological Proofs Today. Ontos Verlag. 50--309.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2012). Privations, Negations and the Square: Basic Elements of a Logic of Privations. In Jean-Yves Beziau & Dale Jacquette (eds.), Around and beyond the Square of Opposition. Birkhäuser-Springer. 229--239.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2011). Logische Abhandlungen. History and Philosophy of Logic 31 (3):291-293.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2011). Omniscience in Łukasiewicz's, Kleene's and Blau's Three-Valued Logics. Polish Journal of Philosophy 5 (1):59-78.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2009). The Byzantine Liar. History and Philosophy of Logic 30 (4):313-330.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2007). Philosophie in Byzanz. [REVIEW] Byzantinische Zeitschrift 100 (1):223-225.
- Stamatios Gerogiorgakis (2005). Spekulation und Physik im 18. Jahrhundert. Lomonossow, Kant und Lavoisier in Sachen Erhaltungsgesetz und Äther. Berichte Zur Wissenschaftsgeschichte 28 (3):255-264.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: