- Research staff, Australian National University
- PhD, Australian National University, 2010.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My research aims to link substantive empirical claims about the nature and origins of moral cognition to metaethical claims about the epistemological status of moral judgments. I am interested in debates about moral disagreement, the moral/conventional distinction, and the evolution of morality. I am also interested in conceptual issues within biology, especially to do with signaling theory and sexual selection.
- Benjamin James Fraser (2014). Evolutionary Debunking Arguments and the Reliability of Moral Cognition. Philosophical Studies 168 (2):457-473.
- Benjamin James Fraser (2014). Mind the Gap(S): Sociality, Morality, and Oxytocin. [REVIEW] Biology and Philosophy 29 (1):143-150.
- Ben Fraser (2013). 8 False Advertising in Biological Markets: Partner Choice and The. In Kim Sterelny, Richard Joyce, Brett Calcott & Ben Fraser (eds.), Cooperation and its Evolution. Mit Press. 153.
- Ben Fraser (2013). False Advertising in Biological Markets: Partner Choice and the Problem of Reliability. In K. Sterelny, R. Joyce, B. Calcott & B. Fraser (eds.), Cooperation and its Evolution. MIT Press.
- Ben Fraser (2013). Moral Error Theories and Folk Metaethics. Philosophical Psychology:1-18.
- Ben Fraser (2013). The Reluctant Mercenary: Vulnerability and the 'Whores of War'. Journal of Military Ethics 12 (3):235-251.
- Kim Sterelny, Richard Joyce, Brett Calcott & Ben Fraser (eds.) (2013). Cooperation and its Evolution. MIT Press.
- Ben Fraser (2012). Costly Signalling Theories: Beyond the Handicap Principle. Biology and Philosophy 27 (2):263-278.
- Ben Fraser (2012). Review: Jesse Prinz, The Emotional Construction of Morals (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 2007), Pp. Ix +334. [REVIEW] Utilitas 24 (04):558-563.
- Ben Fraser (2012). Prinz, The Emotional Construction of Morals (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 2007), Pp. Ix+ 334. Utilitas 24 (4):558-563.
- Ben Fraser (2012). The Nature of Moral Judgements and the Extent of the Moral Domain. Philosophical Explorations 15 (1):1-16.
- Ben Fraser (2011). Explaining Strong Reciprocity: Cooperation, Competition, and Partner Choice. [REVIEW] Biological Theory 6 (2):113-119.
- Ben Fraser (2010). Adaptation, Exaptation, By-Products and Spandrels in Evolutionary Explanations of Morality. Biological Theory 5 (3):223-227.
- Ben Fraser & Marc Hauser (2010). The Argument From Disagreement and the Role of Cross-Cultural Empirical Data. Mind and Language 25 (5):541-560.
- Joshua Knobe & Ben Fraser (2008). Causal Judgment and Moral Judgment: Two Experiments. In Walter Sinnott-Armstrong (ed.), Moral Psychology. MIT Press.
- J. Wesson, A. Olawo, V. Bukusi, M. Solomon, B. Pierre-Louis, B. Fraser, S. Winani, S. Wood, P. Coffey & T. Chirwa (2008). Safety of Community-Based Distribution of DMPA. Journal of Biosocial Science 40 (1):69-82.
- B. Fraser (2006). What Makes Us Moral? Crossing the Boundaries of Biology. Biology and Philosophy 21 (3):443-452.
- Ben Fraser (2006). Review: Neil Levy, 'What Makes Us Moral? Crossing the Boundaries of Biology'. [REVIEW] Biology and Philosophy 21 (3):443-452.
- B. Fraser (1974). Review of Searle 1969. [REVIEW] Foundations of Language 11:433-446.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: