- Faculty, University of Denver
- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2009.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am a legal philosopher currently working as a law clerk to a judge on the 3rd circuit court of appeals. I work on jurisprudence, immigration, international law, and political philosophy, including its history.
- Matthew Lister, Review of Corvino and Gallagher, Debating Same-Sex Marriage.
- Paul Robinson, Joshua S. Barton & Matthew J. Lister, Empirical Desert, Individual Prevention, and Limiting Retributivism: A Reply.
- Matthew Lister (forthcoming). Four Entries for the Rawls Lexicon: Charles Beitz, H.L.A. Hart, Citizen, Sovereignty. In Jon Mandle & David Reidy (eds.), The Rawls Lexicon. Cambridge University Press.
- Matthew Lister (2013). John Corvino and Maggie Gallagher: Debating Same-Sex Marriage. Criminal Law and Philosophy:1-9.
- Matthew Lister (2013). Who Are Refugees? Law and Philosophy 32 (5):645-671.
- Matthew Lister (2012). Book Reviews Fox-Decent , Evan . Sovereignty's Promise: The State as Fiduciary Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2011. Pp. 283. $99.00 (Cloth). [REVIEW] Ethics 123 (1):150-154.
- Matthew Lister (2012). Review of Carl Knight, Luck Egalitarianism. [REVIEW] Journal of Moral Philosophy 9 (1):127-30.
- Matthew Lister (2012). Review of Sovereignty’s Promise: The State as Fiduciary by Evan Fox-Decent. [REVIEW] Ethics 123 (1):150-4.
- Matthew Lister (2012). There is No Human Right to Democracy. But May We Promote It Anyway? Stanford Journal of International Law 48 (2):257.
- Matthew Lister (2012). The Use and Abuse of Presumptions: Some Comments on Dempsey on Finnis. Villanova Law Review 57:485.
- Matthew Lister (2011). Review of Gerald Gaus, The Order of Public Reason. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Review.
- Matthew Lister (2011). The Legitimating Role of Consent in International Law. Chicago Journal of International Law 11 (2).
- Matthew J. Lister (2011). Are Institutions and Empiricism Enough? [REVIEW] Transnational Legal Theory 2 (1).
- Matthew Lister (2010). Citizenship, in the Immigration Context. University of Maryland Law Review 70:175.
- Matthew Lister (2010). Review of May & Hoskins, International Criminal Law and Philosophy. [REVIEW] Concurring Opinions Blog.
- Matthew Lister (2009). Criminal Law Conversations: &Quot;dESERT: EMPIRICAL, NOT METAPHYSICAL" and "CONTRACTUALISM AND THE SHARING OF WRONGS&Quot;. In Paul Robinson, Kimberly Ferzan & Stephen Garvey (eds.), Criminal Law Conversations.
- Matthew J. Lister (2008). Gang-Related Asylum Claims: An Overview and Prescription. University of Memphis Law Review 38 (4).
- Matthew Lister (2007). Well-Ordered Science. Journal of Philosophical Research 32 (Supplement):127-139.
- Matthew J. Lister (2007). A Rawlsian Argument for Extending Family-Based Immigration Benefits to Same-Sex Couples. University of Memphis Law Review 37 (Summer).
- Matthew J. Lister (2007). Well-Ordered Science: The Case of GM Crops. Journal of Philosophical Research (Feb.).
- Matthew Lister, Immigration, Association, and the Family.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: