- Faculty, University of Puerto Rico
- PhD, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1996.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
I am focused at the moment on the metaphysics of the mind/body problem, but I have a heavy teaching load that involves Buddhism and Asian philosophy, Early Modern, etc. Two important arguments (argumentative poles, maybe) are Plato's form/matter distinction and Wittgenstein's critique of Cartesian models of mind and meaning.
- L. Cosand, T. Cavanagh, A. Brown, C. Courtney, A. Rissling, A. Schell & M. Dawson (2008). Arousal, Working Memory, and Conscious Awareness in Contingency Learning☆. Consciousness and Cognition 17 (4):1105-1113.
- F. X. Alario, S. Allen, G. T. M. Altmann, P. Bach, C. Becchio, I. Blanchette, L. Boroditsky, A. Brown, R. Campbell & U. Cartwright-Finch (2007). Dehaene-Lambertz, G., 261 Dijkstra, K., 139 Dumay, N., 341. Cognition 102:486-487.
- L. Gabora & A. Brown (1999). Susan Blackmore, The Meme Machine. Journal of Consciousness Studies 6:77-85.
- A. Brown (1998). Lorenzo and the Monte: Another Note (on the Author's Original Article on Public and Private Interest in Renaissance Florence). Rinascimento 38:517-522.
- A. Brown (1905). Examination of the Validity of an Approximate Solution of a Certain Velocity Equation. Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society 16 (1):459-464.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: