PhilPapers is currently in read-only mode while we are performing some maintenance. You can use the site normally except that you cannot sign in. This shouldn't last long.
philosophical research online
New this week: 756
- Faculty, Dalhousie University
- PhD, Northwestern University, 2010.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am an assistant professor of Philosophy at Dalhousie University (Halifax, Nova Scotia). I specialize in Africana philosophy and philosophy of race, with general interest in social and political philosophy and ethics.
- Chike Jeffers (2015). The Ethics and Politics of Cultural Preservation. Journal of Value Inquiry 49 (1-2):205-220.
- Chike Jeffers (2014). Prospects for African Canadian Philosophy. Clr James Journal 20 (1/2):251-255.
- Robert Gooding-Williams & Chike Jeffers (2013). Introduction to “The Development of a People”. Ethics 123 (3):521-524.
- Chike Jeffers (2013). Appiah's Cosmopolitanism. Southern Journal of Philosophy 51 (4):488-510.
- Chike Jeffers (2013). Bessone sur la race et la culture. Philosophiques 40 (2):473-477.
- Chike Jeffers (2013). Embodying Justice in Ancient Egypt: The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant as a Classic of Political Philosophy. British Journal for the History of Philosophy 21 (3):421-442.
- Chike Jeffers (ed.) (2013). Listening to Ourselves: A Multilingual Anthology of African Philosophy. State University of New York Press.
- Chike Jeffers (2013). Review Essay: Suzanne Césaire, The Great Camouflage: Writings of Dissent (1941-1945). Journal of French and Francophone Philosophy 21 (1):183-192.
- Chike Jeffers (2013). The Cultural Theory of Race: Yet Another Look at Du Bois's “The Conservation of Races”. Ethics 123 (3):403-426.
- Henry S. Richardson, Chike Jeffers, Kieran Oberman, Mark Lance, Rebecca Kukla, Sebastian Köhler, William MacAskill, Robert Gooding-Williams, We Burghardt du Bois & Ty Raterman (2013). 10. Gillian Russell, Truth in Virtue of Meaning: A Defence of the Analytic/Synthetic Distinction Gillian Russell, Truth in Virtue of Meaning: A Defence of the Analytic/Synthetic Distinction (Pp. 586-592). [REVIEW] Ethics 123 (3).
- Chike Jeffers (2012). Do We Need African Canadian Philosophy? Dialogue 51 (4):643-666.
- Chike Jeffers (2004). Strategies of Organization. Clr James Journal 10 (1):13-23.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: