- Faculty, University of Pennsylvania
- PhD, Princeton University, 2013.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am an Assistant Professor at the University of Pennsylvania. I completed my PhD at Princeton University in June 2013.
- Errol Lord (forthcoming). Epistemic Reasons, Evidence, and Defeaters. In Daniel Star (ed.), The Oxford Handbook of Reasons and Normativity. Oxford University Press
- Errol Lord (forthcoming). On the Rational Power of Aesthetic Testimony. British Journal of Aesthetics.
- Errol Lord & Barry Maguire (eds.) (forthcoming). Weighing Reasons. Oxford University Press.
- Errol Lord (2015). Acting for the Right Reasons, Abilities, and Obligation. In Russ Shafer-Landau (ed.), Oxford Studies in Metaethics, vol. 10. Oxford University Press
- Errol Lord (2015). Joshua Gert, Normative Bedrock: Response-Dependence, Rationality, and Reasons , Pp. X + 218. Utilitas 27 (2):251-254.
- Errol Lord (2015). Nomy Arpaly and Timothy Schroeder. In Praise of Desire. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014. Pp. V+316. $49.95. Ethics 125 (2):562-567.
- Errol Lord (2015). Partiality, by Simon Keller. Mind 124 (496):1306-1309.
- Errol Lord (2015). Review: Nomy Arpaly and Timothy Schroeder, In Praise of Desire. [REVIEW] Ethics 125 (2):562-567,.
- E. Lord (2014). Reasons for Belief. Philosophical Quarterly 64 (257):664-667.
- Errol Lord (2014). The Coherent and the Rational. Analytic Philosophy 54 (4):151-175.
- Errol Lord (2013). From Independence to Conciliationism: An Obituary. Australasian Journal of Philosophy (2):1-13.
- Errol Lord (2013). The Importance of Being Rational. Dissertation, Princeton University
- Errol Lord (2013). The Real Symmetry Problem(s) for Wide-Scope Accounts of Rationality. Philosophical Studies (3):1-22.
- Errol Lord (2011). Violating Requirements, Exiting From Requirements, and the Scope of Rationality. Philosophical Quarterly 61 (243):392-399.
- Errol Lord (2010). Having Reasons and the Factoring Account. Philosophical Studies 149 (3):283 - 296.
- Errol Lord (2008). Dancy on Acting for the Right Reason. Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy (3):1-7.
- Andrew Huddleston & E. Lord, Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose: Friday Night Lights and the Value of Inspiration.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: