- Faculty, Post Graduate Govt. College for Girls-11, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Administrator, Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra)
- PhD, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, 2010.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal is an Assistant Professor (Philosophy), P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11,Chandigrarh and Programme-Co-ordinator of Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Milestone Education Society (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra). He completed his M.A. (2005) and Ph.D. (2010) in Philosophy from the Department of Philosophy, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. Being the Chief-Functionary of Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (SPPIS), Haryana, he developed online pages on Philosophy News, Positive Philosophy, Indian Psychology, Logic etc. He is the Editor of bi-annual interdisciplinary online journals Lokāyata: Journal of Positive Philosophy and Milestone Education Review (ISSN: 2249-8389) and Milestone Education Review (The Journal of Ideas on Educational & Social Transformation: ISSN: 2278-2168) .He is the member of advisory boards of research journals like Chintan Research Journal, Intellection, Journal of Pro-Poor Growth, Intellection, PhilManQuest and Haryana CTE Newsletter and member of International Congress of Social Philosophy (ICSP), The Council for Research in Values and Philosophy (CRVP) and Council for Teacher Education (HSC). He participated through presentations in several seminars, conferences and contributed research papers in different journals on philosophy and interdisciplinary studies. Following books are in his credit: Reconsidering Classical Indian Thoughts (Ed.), Philosophy, Education and Indian Value System (2011), Positive Philosophy for Contemporary Indian Society (2011), Understanding Indian-Value System through Sri Aurobindo‟s Education System (An online anthology of Sri Aurobindo's Ideas) (Co-authored) and Philosophy of Swami Vivekananda (co-authored) (2012), Contemporary Indian Philosophy (2013), Ideological Crisis in Indian Society (2013) and The Philosophy of Dalit Liberation (2014) . Detail profile available at http://drsirswal.webs.com
- Desh Raj Sirswal, दर्शन, सृजनात्मकता और मानवीय सम्बन्ध (Philosophy, Creativity and Human Relations).
- Desh Raj Sirswal, The Problem of Mind, Cognitive Science and Integrated Research Methodology.
- Desh Raj Sirswal, The Role of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity (A Study of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Religious Philosophy).
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2015). Positive Philosophy, Innovative Method and Present Education System. Intellection : A Bi-Annual Interdisciplinary Research Journal, (II):1-13.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2014). Swami Vivekananda , Indian Youth and Value Education. In Atanu Mohapatra (ed.), Vivekananda and Contemporary Education in India: Recent Perspectives. Surendra Publications 167-180.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2014). THE DEVELOPMENT OF MORALITY IN HUMAN LIFE: AN OVERVIEW. Milestone Education Review 5 (01):25-35.
- Desh Raj Sirswal & Dinesh Chahal (2014). Women Empowerment in Present Times. In R. B. S. Verma (ed.), GENDER MAINSTREAMING:PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS. 110-114.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (ed.) (2013). Contemporary Indian Philosophy. CPPIS Pehowa.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (ed.) (2013). Ideological Crisis in Indian Society. CSESCD.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). Jyotiba Phule : A Modern Indian Philosopher. Darshan: International Refereed Quarterly Research Journal for Philosophy and Yoga 1 (3-4):28-36.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). MENTAL HEALTH IN INDIA: POLICIES AND ISSUES. Milestone Education Review 4 (02):35-54.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). Professional Ethics and Morality. In Icsp (ed.), Facilitation Volume in Honour of Prof. Sohan Raj Tater.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). Professional Ethics, Media and Good Governance. Intellection (01):Jan-June 2013.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). TEACHING AIDS AND MODES IN ACADEMIC PHILOSOPHY. University News 51 (18):21-23.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2013). The Branding of Faith. In Rohit Puri (ed.), Marketing by Consciousness.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2012). Casteism, Social Security and Violation of Human Rights. In Manoj Kumar (ed.), Human Rights for All. CPPIS 128-131.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2012). Methods of Philosophical Inquiry in Upanishads. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research 1 (2):57-62.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2012). Work and Ideals. In Rohit Puri (ed.), Integral Management :The school of Management Theory.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2011). Moral Philosophy of Mahrishi Valmiki. Darshan Jyoti 1 (01):35-39.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2011). Samkalin Bhartiya Samaj Mein Darshan Shastra ki Upadeyta (Hindi). Chintan 1 (01):37-40.
- Desh Raj Sirswal (2008). Ethical Ideas in Descartes’ Philosophy. K.U. Research Journal of Arts and Humanities:89-97.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: