- Faculty, University College London
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I have recently retired from University College, following an enjoyable and productive career in biomedical science based largely on complex cellular interactions in the immune response.
Since 2001 my main interest has switched to the problem of defining the cellular biophysical events that correspod to sentience.
A detailed account of my approach, together with publications and online essays is at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/jonathan-edwards
- Jonathan C. Edwards & Jeffrey D. Bodle (2014). Causes and Consequences of Sports Concussion. Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics 42 (2):128-132.
- Jonathan Edwards (2013). EM Fields and the Meaning of Meaning: Response to Johnjoe McFadden. Journal of Consciousness Studies 20 (9-10):9-10.
- Alfredo Pereira Jr, J. Edwards, C. Nunn, A. Trehub & M. Velmans (2010). Understanding Consciousness: A Collaborative Attempt to Elucidate Contemporary Theories. Journal of Consciousness Studies 17 (5-6):5-6.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2008). Are Our Spaces Made of Words? Journal of Consciousness Studies 15 (1):63-83.
- Michael Beaton, J. Bricklin, Louis C. Charland, J. C. W. Edwards, Ilya B. Farber, Bill Faw, Rocco J. Gennaro, C. Kaernbach, C. M. H. Nunn, Jaak Panksepp, Jesse J. Prinz, Matthew Ratcliffe, Jacob J. Ross, S. Murray, Henry P. Stapp & Douglas F. Watt (2006). Switched-on Consciousness - Clarifying What It Means - Response to de Quincey. Journal of Consciousness Studies 13 (4):7-12.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2006). How Many People Are There in My Head and in Hers? An Exploration of Single Cell Consciousness. Exeter: Imprint Academic.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2005). Is Consciousness Only a Property of Individual Cells? Journal of Consciousness Studies 12 (4-5):60-76.
- J. Edwards (2000). Burge on Testimony and Memory. Analysis 60 (1):124-131.
- J. Edwards (1999). Prizing Truth From Warranted Assertibility: Reply to Tennant. Analysis 59 (4):300-308.
- J. Edwards (1997). Is Tennant Selling Truth Short? Analysis 57 (2):152-158.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: