- Faculty, University College London
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I have recently retired from University College, following an enjoyable and productive career in biomedical science based largely on complex cellular interactions in the immune response.
Since 2001 my main interest has switched to the problem of defining the cellular biophysical events that correspod to sentience.
A detailed account of my approach, together with publications and online essays is at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/jonathan-edwards
- Jonathan Edwards (2013). EM Fields and the Meaning of Meaning: Response to Johnjoe McFadden. Journal of Consciousness Studies 20 (9-10):9-10.
- George Dranitsaris, Ilse Truter, Martie S. Lubbe, Wayne Cottrell, Biljana Spirovski & Jonathan Edwards (2012). The Application of Pharmacoeconomic Modelling to Estimate a Value‐Based Price for New Cancer Drugs. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 18 (2):343-351.
- Pereira Jr, J. C. W. Edwards, C. Nunn, A. Trehub & M. Velmans (2010). Understanding Consciousness: A Collaborative Attempt to Elucidate Contemporary Theories. Journal of Consciousness Studies 17 (5-6):5-6.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2008). Are Our Spaces Made of Words? Journal of Consciousness Studies 15 (1):63-83.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2006). How Many People Are There in My Head and in Hers? An Exploration of Single Cell Consciousness. Exeter: Imprint Academic.
- Jonathan C. W. Edwards (2005). Is Consciousness Only a Property of Individual Cells? Journal of Consciousness Studies 12 (4-5):60-76.
- J. Edwards (2002). Substance, Force, and the Possibility of Knowledge. On Kant's Philosophy of Material Nature (R. Langton). Philosophical Books 43 (2):148-149.
- M. Chayut, J. Edwards, C. J. Giunta, U. Klein, H. Kragh, P. Laszlo, S. Le Vent, V. N. Ostrovsky, N. Psarros & S. Psillos (2001). Authors Index Volume 3. Foundations of Chemistry 3 (273).
- J. Edwards (2000). Philology and Cuisine in De Re Coquinaria. American Journal of Philology 122 (2):255-263.
- W. C. Plauche & J. C. Edwards (1988). Images and Emotion in Patient-Centered Clinical Teaching. Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 31 (4):602.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: