- Faculty, Lingnan University
- PhD, University of Southern California, 2014.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I am an assistant professor at Lingnan University. I have strong interests in ethics (especially normative ethics, practical reason, and metaethics), epistemology, and philosophical logic. My research concerns issues at the intersection of these fields. More information about me can be found on my website.
- Shyam Nair (2016). Conflicting Reasons, Unconflicting ‘Ought's. Philosophical Studies 173 (3):629-663.
- Shyam Nair (2014). A Fault Line in Ethical Theory. Philosophical Perspectives 28 (1):173-200.
- Shyam Nair (2014). Consequences of Reasoning with Conflicting Obligations. Mind 123 (491):753-790.
- Ángel Pinillos, Nick Smith, G. Shyam Nair, Cecilea Mun & Peter Marchetto (2011). Philosophy's New Challenge: Experiments and Intentional Action. Mind and Language 26 (1):115-139.
- Gopal Shyam Nair, How Do Reasons Accrue?
- Gopal Shyam Nair & John Horty, The Logic of Reasons.
- Gopal Shyam Nair, Conflicting Reasons, Unconflicting ‘Ought's.
- Gopal Shyam Nair, Moral Dilemmas.
- Gopal Shyam Nair, Consequences of Reasoning with Conflicting Obligations.
- N. Angel Pinillos, Nick Smith, Gopal Shyam Nair, Peter Marchetto & Cecilea Mun, Philosophy's New Challenge: Experiments and Intentional Action.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: