- Faculty, University of Hull
- PhD, University of Sheffield, 2002.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
My philosophical views
Research interests include philosophy of mind (especially nature of emotion and phenomenological approaches to understanding mind), moral psychology, and various issues in medical ethics and professionalism.
- Demian Whiting (forthcoming). On the Appearance and Reality of Mind. Journal of Mind and Behavior.
- Demian Whiting (2015). Evaluating Medico-Legal Decisional Competency Criteria. Health Care Analysis 23 (2):181-196.
- Demian Whiting (2012). Are Emotions Perceptual Experiences of Value? Ratio 25 (1):93-107.
- Demian Whiting (2011). Abortion and Referrals for Abortion: Is the Law in Need of Change? Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 17 (5):1006-1008.
- Demian Whiting (2011). Review of Michelle Maiese, Embodiment, Emotion, and Cognition. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 11.
- Demian Whiting (2011). The Feeling Theory of Emotion and the Object-Directed Emotions. European Journal of Philosophy 19 (2):281-303.
- Demian Whiting (2010). Serious Professional Misconduct and the Need for an Apology. Clinical Ethics 5 (3):130-135.
- Demian Whiting (2009). Does Decision-Making Capacity Require the Absence of Pathological Values? Philosophy, Psychiatry, and Psychology 16 (4):341-344.
- Demian Whiting (2009). Should Doctors Ever Be Professionally Required to Change Their Attitudes? Clinical Ethics 4 (2):67-73.
- Demian Whiting (2007). Some More Reflections on Emotions, Thoughts, and Therapy. Philosophy, Psychiatry, and Psychology 13 (3):255-257.
- Demian Whiting (2007). Why Treating Problems in Emotion May Not Require Altering Eliciting Cognitions. Philosophy, Psychiatry, and Psychology 13 (3):237-246.
- Demian Whiting (2007). Inappropriate Attitudes, Fitness to Practise and the Challenges Facing Medical Educators. Journal of Medical Ethics 33 (11):667-670.
- Demian Whiting (2006). Standing Up for an Affective Account of Emotion. Philosophical Explorations 9 (3):261-276.
- Demian Whiting (2004). Emotional Disorder. Ratio 17 (1):90-103.
- Demian Whiting (2001). Philosophical and Ethical Problems in Mental Handicap by Peter Byrne Macmillan Press, 2000, Pp. XIII + 175, £40.00. Philosophy 76 (1):158-174.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: