- Faculty, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoc, University of Leeds
- PhD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2011.
Areas of specialization
Areas of interest
I work on experimental philosophical aesthetics, imagination in cognitive architecture, de se content, and moral persuasion.
- Shen-yi Liao (forthcoming). Explanations: Aesthetic and Scientific. In Gregory Currie, Matthew Kieran, Aaron Meskin & Margaret Moore (eds.), Philosophical Aesthetics and the Sciences of Art. Cambridge University Press.
- Shen-yi Liao & Tyler Doggett (forthcoming). The Imagination Box. Journal of Philosophy.
- Shen-yi Liao & Tamar Szabó Gendler (forthcoming). The Problem of Imaginative Resistance: An Overview. In John Gibson & Nöel Carroll (eds.), The Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Literature. Routledge.
- Shen-yi Liao, Nina Strohminger & Chandra Sekhar Sripada (forthcoming). Empirically Investigating Imaginative Resistance. British Journal of Aesthetics.
- Jonathan Phillips, Sven Nyholm & Shen-yi Liao (forthcoming). The Good in Happiness. In Joshua Knobe, Tania Lombrozo & Shaun Nichols (eds.), Oxford Studies in Experimental Philosophy, Volume 1. Oxford University Press.
- Shen-yi Liao (2014). Collective De Se Thoughts and Centered Worlds. Ratio 27 (1):17-31.
- Shen-yi Liao (2013). Moral Persuasion and the Diversity of Fictions. Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 94 (3):269-289.
- Shen-yi Liao & Sara Protasi (2013). The Fictional Character of Pornography. In Hans Maes (ed.), Pornographic Art and the Aesthetics of Pornography. Palgrave Macmillan. 100-118.
- Shen-yi Liao (2012). What Are Centered Worlds? Philosophical Quarterly 62 (247):294-316.
- Shen-yi Liao & Tamar Szabó Gendler (2011). Pretense and Imagination. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews 2 (1):79-94.
Is this list right?
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: