- Alberto Vanzo (forthcoming). Empiricism and Rationalism in Nineteenth-Century Histories of Philosophy. Journal of the History of Ideas 77.
- Celia Applegate, Thomas Aquinas, Theodore Arabatzis, Sidney Aster, Charles Bambach & Elizabeth Borgwardt (forthcoming). Allen, Ann Taylor. Feminism and Motherhood in Western Europe, 1890–1970: The Maternal Dilemma. New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2005. Xi, 354p., Bibl., Ill., Index, $75. Legal and Political Status of Mothers and Children From Suffrage to the World Wars. Allen, Linday. The Persian Empire. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2005. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Golden Age (forthcoming). Avalos, Hector. The End of Biblical Studies. Amherst, NY: Prometheus, 2007. 399p., Indices, $32. Survey of Contemporary Text Criticism, Archaeology, and the Search for the Historical Jesus Shows That the Bible Does Not Speak to Us Today. Baker, Colin F. Qur'an Manuscripts: Calligraphy, Illumination, Design. Lon. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Gilian Tw Ahlgren, James W. Allard & Ksenija Bilbija (forthcoming). Abbas, Niran, Ed. Mapping Michel Serres.(Studies in Literature and Science, Eds. N. Katherine Hayles and Stephanie A. Smith). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2005. X, 259p., Bibl., Index, $27.95. Fifteen Scholarly Contributions. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Donald Harman Akenson, Michael D. Bailey, Michael Beaney, Daniel C. Beaver, Allan Blackstock, Gérard Bouchard & Warren Breckman (forthcoming). Albright, Daniel. Musicking Shakespeare: A Conflict of Theatres. Rochester, NY: U of Rochester P, 2007. X, 317p., Bibl., Ill., Index, $75. Berlioz's Roméo Et Juliette, Verdi's Macbeth, Purcell's The Fairy Queen, and Brit-Ten's A Midsummer Night's Dream. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Alain Badiou & Trans Alberto Toscano (forthcoming). Afary, Janet. Sexual Politics in Modern Iran. New York: Cambridge UP, 2009. Xix, 423p., Bibl., Ill., Index, $32.99. From Slave Concubinage and Harem Wives to a Westernized Model of Monogamous Heterosexual Marriage and a yet-Incomplete Sexual Revolution. Ameriks, Karl, and Otfried Hö Ffe, Eds. Kant's Moral and Legal Philosophy. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Yechiel Michael Barilan, Philip Beeley & Christoph J. Scriba (forthcoming). Allison, Henry E. Essays on Kant. New York: Oxford UP, 2012. Xiv, 287p., Bibl., Index. Seventeen Essays on Transcendental Idealism, Freedom of the Will, and Teleology. Anderson, Kevin B., and Russell Rockwell, Eds. The Dunayevskaya-Marcuse-Fromm Correspondence, 1954–1978: Dialogues on Hegel, Marx, And. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Simone de Beauvoir, Barbara Klaw, Sylvie le Bon de Beauvoir, Chris Beneke, Walter Benjamin & Alain Boureau (forthcoming). Audi, Robert. Practical Reasoning and Ethical Decision. New York: Routledge, 2006. Xi, 249p., Index. Moral Principles of Action, Intention, and Justifica-Tion, Plus Consideration of Weakness of Will and Self-Deception. Babich, Babette E. Words in Blood, Like Flowers: Philosophy and Poetry, Music and Eros in Hö Lderlin, Nietzsche, and Heidegger. Albany: State U Of. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Celeste-Marie Bernier, Radu J. Bogdan, James T. Boulton, T. O. McLoughlin, James Boswell, James Berry, Caroline Lennox, Timothy M. Costelloe & Marica Costigliolo (forthcoming). Arena, Valentina. Libertas and the Practice of Politics in the Late Roman Republic. New York: Cambridge UP, 2013. Ix, 324p., Bibl., Ill., Index, $99. Competing Languages of ''Liberty''and Political Legitimacy in the First Century BC Ball, Philip. Curiosity: How Science Became Interested in Everything. Chicago. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Adrian Del Caro (forthcoming). Dionysian Classicism, or Nietzsche's Appropriation of an Aesthetic Norm. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Century Democracy (forthcoming). Adam, Ulrich. The Political Economy of JHG Justi. Bern: Peter Lang, 2006. 317p., Bibl., Index, $61.95. The Eighteenth-Century German Statistician as Reader of French Theory of Commerce and Reformer of the European State System. Armitage, David, Ed. British Political Thought in History, Literature and The. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- W. E. B. Du Bois (forthcoming). Allen, James Et Al., Eds. Essays in Memory of Michael Frede. Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy, Vol. 40. New York: Oxford UP, 2011. Viii, 420p. Andrew, Edward G. Imperial Republics: Revolution, War, and Territorial Expansion From the English Civil War to the French Revolution. Toronto: U of Toronto P, 2011. Xxi, 197p., Index. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Biancamaria Fontana, Constance M. Furey, Reginald Pole Roper, Gasparo Contarini, Vittoria Colonna, Walter Goffart, Angus Gowland, Eri Hotta, Cary Howie & Marie L'Egyptienne (forthcoming). Ferreiro, Larrie D. Ships and Science: The Birth of Naval Architecture in the Scientific Revolution, 1600–1800 (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology, Jed Z. Buchwald, Gen. Ed.). Cambridge, Mass.: MIT P, 2007. Xxiv, 441p., Bibl., Ill., Index. Development of Naval Architec-Ture in Britain, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, And. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Cavendish Hooke, Jonathan Barnes, David William Bates & David Bloor (forthcoming). Abromeit, John. Max Horkheimer and the Foundations of the Frankfurt School. New York: Cambridge UP, 2011. Xiii, 441p., Bibl., Ill., Index, $95. Intellectual Biography of the Early and Middle Horkheimer, 1895–1941. Aıt-Touati, Frédérique. Fictions of the Cosmos: Science and Literature in the Seventeenth Century. Trans. Susan Emanuel. Chicago: U of Chicago P. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Francis Moran (forthcoming). Between Primates and Primitives: Natural Man as the Missing Link in Rousseau's Second Discourse. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Mark Olsen & Louis-Georges Harvey (forthcoming). Contested Methods: Daniel T. Rodgers's Contested Truths. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Wright Brothers On & Ernst Cassirer (forthcoming). Allison, Henry E. Custom and Reason in Hume: A Kantian Reading of the First Book of the Treatise. New York: Oxford UP, 2008. Xi, 412p., Bibl., Index, $65. Time, Space, Being, Epistemology, Causation, and Skepticism. Almog, Joseph. Cogito? Descartes and Thinking the World. New York: Oxford UP, 2008. Xi, 120p., Index, $35. Meditation on the First Part of Descartes's. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- No Page (forthcoming). Edelstein, Dan, Robert Morrissey, and Glenn Roe: To Quote or Not to Quote: Citation Strategies in the Encyclopédie.......... 2 213 Fraenkel, Carlos: Spinoza on Miracles and the Truth of the Bible 4 643 Garrod, Raphaële: Idolatry and Accommodation:''Histoires''and Their Natural-Philosophical Interpretations in Simon. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Elise Reimarus’S. (forthcoming). Index to Volume 74. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Daniel T. Rodgers & Absent Minds (forthcoming). Sebastiá N, Javier Ferná Ndez: Intellectual History and Democracy: An Interview with Pierre Rosanvallon.................................. 4 703 Stuurman, Siep: Cosmopolitan Egalitarianism in the Enlightenment: Anquetil Duperron on India and America.... 2 255 Thomson, Erik: Commerce, Law, and Erudite Culture: The. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Thomas C. Singer (forthcoming). Hieroglyphs, Real Characters, and the Idea of Natural Language in English Seventeenth-Century Thought. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Studien zu Leben und Werk (forthcoming). Bannet, Eve Taylor. Empire of Letters: Letter Manuals and Transatlantic Corre-Spondence, 1680–1820. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2006. 347p., Bibl., Index, $90. Norms of Polite Conduct and Communication in the British Atlantic. Ben-Menahem, Yemima. Conventionalism. New York: Cambridge University. [REVIEW] Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Johan Van Der Zande (forthcoming). In the Image of Cicero: German Philosophy Between Wolff and Kant. Journal of the History of Ideas.
- Arthur Weststeijn (forthcoming). Frankness in Seventeenth-Century Dutch Republicanism.... 1. Journal of the History of Ideas.
| Previous issues|| |
|Next issues ||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.