- Matt James (2011). Progress in Bioethics: Science, Policy and Politics, by Jonathan D. Moreno and Sam Berger. [REVIEW] Human Reproduction and Genetic Ethics 17 (1):140-143.
- By James D. Sellmann & Jay Goulding (2004). Timing and Rulership in Master Lü's Spring and Autumn Annals (Lüshi Chunqiu). Journal of Chinese Philosophy 31 (2):305–309.
- Gene G. James (1983). Michael D. Bayles, Professional Ethics Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 3 (1):1-2.
- James D. Sellmann (2013). Philosophy and Religion in Early Medieval China Ed. By Alan K. L. Chan and Yuet-Keung Lo (Review). Philosophy East and West 63 (3):451-455.
- William James (ed.) (2008). A Pluralistic Universe: Hibbert Lectures at Manchester College on the Present Situation in Philosophy, by William James; A New Philosophical Reading. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Jonathan Bricklin & W. James (2005). William James: The Notion of Consciousness --Communication Made (in French) at the 5th International Congress of Psychology, Rome, 30 April (a New Translation by Jonathan Bricklin). [REVIEW] Journal of Consciousness Studies 12 (7):55-64.
- Myriam Renaud (2013). In Face of Reality: The Constructive Theology of Gordon D. Kaufman by Thomas A. James (Review). American Journal of Theology and Philosophy 34 (1):79-82.
- M. E. Brinkman (1999). Book Reviews : Abraham Kuyper (1837-1920): A Centennial Reader, Edited by James D. Bratt. Carlisle: Paternoster and Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998. 498 Pp. Pb. No Price. ISBN 0-85364-922-7. Creating a Christian World View: Abraham Kuyper's Lectures on Calvinism, by Peter S. Heslam. Carlisle: Paternoster and Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1998. 300 Pp. Pb. 14.99. ISBN 0-85364-889-. [REVIEW] Studies in Christian Ethics 12 (2):114-118.
- Marvin A. Sweeney (2013). The Book of the Twelve: Hosea–Jonah and The Book of the Twelve: Micah–Malachi by James D. Nogalski. Interpretation 67 (3):293-295.
- James Collins (1970). From Puritanism to Platonism in Seventeenth Century England. By James D. Roberts. Modern Schoolman 47 (2):254-255.
- C. D. Macniven (1982). "Virtues and Vices" by James D. Wallace. Philosophy of the Social Sciences 12 (2):221.
- Susan Grove Eastman (forthcoming). Jesus, Paul, and the Gospels by James D. G. Dunn. Interpretation 66 (3):316-318.
- David Basinger (1988). Alvin Plantinga. Edited by James D. Tomberlin and Peter van Inwagen. Modern Schoolman 65 (4):265-267.
- Milton Crane (1951). The Popular Book. By James D. Hart. Renascence 3 (2):185-187.
- Charles Taliaferro (2015). Mind, Matter and Nature: A Thomistic Proposal for the Philosophy of Mind. By James D. Madden. American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 89 (1):166-168.
- Sander Voerman (2014). Norms and Practices, by James D. Wallace. Mind 123 (489):251-256.
- Christopher W. Gowans (1991). Moral Relevance and Moral Conflict, by James D. Wallace. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 51 (2):478-481.
- Alastair Hamilton (2011). The Low Countries in the Sixteenth Century: Erasmus, Religion and Politics, Trade and Finance. By James D. Tracy. Heythrop Journal 52 (3):501-502.
- N. J. H. Dent (1979). Virtues and Vices By James D. Wallace Contemporary Philosophy Series, Cornell University Press, 1978, 170 Pp., £9.50. [REVIEW] Philosophy 54 (210):568-.
- Garland Allen (1968). The Double Helix by James D. Watson. [REVIEW] Isis: A Journal of the History of Science 59:464-466.
- Jack Dean Kingsbury (1994). Shorter Reviews and Notices -- Greeks, Romans, Jews: Currents of Culture and Belief in the New Testament World by James D. Newsome. Interpretation 48 (2):200.
- Francis Bacon, Robert Leslie Ellis, Douglas Denon Heath, William Rawley & James Spedding, Works; Collected and Edited by James Spedding, R.L. Ellis and D.D. Heath.
- E. D. Pellegrino (2009). Foni Phronimos--An Interview with Edmund D. Pellegrino by James Giordano. Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanities in Medicine: Pehm 5:16-16.
- Chauncey D. Leake (1972). A Notable Career in Finding Out: Peyton Rous, 1879-1970 By James S. Henderson, Phillip D. McMaster, John G. Kidd, and Charles Huggins. [REVIEW] Perspectives in Biology and Medicine 15 (3):479-479.
- James (1697). The Late King James's Manifesto Answer'd Paragraph by Paragraph. Wherein the Weakness of His Reasons is Plainly Demonstrated. Printed, and Are to Be Sold by Richard Baldwin, Near the Oxford-Arms in Warwick-Lane.
- A. Louth (1994). Book Review : A Noble Death. Suicide and Martyrdom Antotig Cliristiaiis and Jezvs in Antiquity, by Arthur J. Droge and James D. Tabor. Edinburgh, T&T Clark,1992. Xiv + 203 Pp. 16.95. [REVIEW] Studies in Christian Ethics 7 (1):111-111.
- J. Sargeaunt (1902). Gow's Horace, Satires I Horace, Satires I. Edited by James Gow, Litt. D., Head Master of Westminster: Cambridge University Press, 1901. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 16 (02):127-128.
- Roland J. Teske (1984). History of Philosophy in the Making: A Symposium of Essays to Honor Professor James D. Collins on His 65th Birthday. By His Colleagues and Friends. Edited by Linus J. Thro. [REVIEW] Modern Schoolman 62 (1):60-61.
- Whitley Kaufman (2014). Thoreau's Importance for Philosophy Ed. By Rick Anthony Furtak, Jonathan Ellsworth, and James D. Reid (Review). The Pluralist 9 (1):114-118.
- Norman E. Himes (1931). Essays on Population and Other Papers by James Alfred Field, Together with Material From His Notes and Lectures Compiled and Edited by Helen Fisher Hohman, with a Foreword by James Bonar, LL. D. The Eugenics Review 23 (3):258.
- E. A. Barber (1932). Alexandrian Poetry 1. Callimaque Et Son Æuvre Poétique. Par. Émile Cahen. Pp. 654. Paris: E. De Boccard, 1929. Paper, 75 Francs. 2. Alexandrian Poetry Under the Three First Ptolemies, 324–222 B.C. By Auguste Couat. Translated by James Loeb, Ph.D., LL.D., with a Supplementary Chapter by Émile Cahen. Pp. Xx + 638. London: Heinemann (New York: Putnam), 1931. Cloth, 25s. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 46 (04):163-165.
- Maurice R. Holloway (1965). "What is Phenomenology?," by Pierre Thevenaz, Ed. With Introd. By James M. Edie, Preface by John D. Wild. Modern Schoolman 42 (3):348-349.
- Frank Granger (1907). Woman in Antiquity Woman; Her Position and Influence in Ancient Greece and Rome and Among the Early Christians. By James Donaldson, M.A., LL.D., Principal of the University of St. Andrews. London: Longmans, Green and Co., 1907. 8vo. Pp. Viii + 278. 5s. Net. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 21 (06):181-182.
- Charles Knapp (1897). Kirkland's Edition of Horace Horace, Satires and Epistles. Edited on the Basis of Kiessling's Edition, by James H. Kirkland, Ph. D. Boston: Leach, Shewell and Sanborn, 1893. Pp. Xxiii, 399. $1.20. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 11 (07):358-359.
- F. B. Jevons (1908). Adam's 'Religious Teachers of Greece.' The Religious Teachers of Greece, Being Gifford Lectures on Natural Religion Delivered at Aberdeen. By James Adam, Litt.D., Edited with a Memoir by His Wife, Adela Marion Adam. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1908. 8vo. Xix + Lv + 467. A Photograph of James Adam. 10s. 6d. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 22 (08):252-254.
- E. E. A. (1926). Landmarks in the Struggle Between Science and Religion. By James Y. Simpson, M.A., D.Sc., F.R.S.E., Professor of Natural Science, New College, Edinburgh. [REVIEW] Philosophy 1 (3):388.
- George Macdonald (1984). In Defense of Decadent Europe," by Raymond Aron; "Catholicism and Modernity," by James Hitchcock; "Joy Without a Cause," by Christopher Derrick; "Citizen of Rome," by F. D. Wilhelmsen; and "Reclaiming a Patrimony," by Russell Kirk". The Chesterton Review 10 (1):79-81.
- W. M. J. (1892). The Songs of Sappho, by James S. Easby-Smith, Published for Georgetown University. Stormon' and Jackson: Washington, D.C. 1891. $1. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 6 (1-2):65-.
- Dennis A. Rohatyn (1976). "Friar Thomas d'Aquino: His Life, Thought, and Work," by James A. Weisheipl, O.P. Modern Schoolman 53 (4):417-423.
- Myles Hannan (2014). Struggling With God: Kierkegaard and the Temptation of Spiritual Trial. By Simon D. Podmore. Pp. 294, Cambridge, James Clarke, 2013, £25.00. [REVIEW] Heythrop Journal 55 (5):975-976.
- S. W. A. (1889). A Companion to School Classics. By James Gow, M.A., Litt.D. Second Edition Revised. London : Macmillan and Co. 1889. 6s. The Classical Review 3 (04):179-.
- Paul Medeiros (2014). Rick Anthony Furtak, Jonathan Ellsworth, and James D. Reid, (Eds.) , Thoreau's Importance for Philosophy . Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 34 (3-4):147-150.
- H. F. (1912). Excavation of the Roman Forts at Castleshaw (Near Delph, West Riding). By Samuel Andrew, Esq., and Major William Lees, V.D., J.P. Second Interim Report, Prepared by F. A. Bruton, M.A., with Notes on the Pottery by James Curle, F.S. A. With Forty-Five Plates. (Manchester University Press.). [REVIEW] The Classical Review 26 (03):100-101.
- G. G. Ramsay (1895). Reid's Edition of the Pro Milone M. Tulli Ciceronis Pro T. Annio Milone Ad Iudices Oratio. Edited for Schools and Colleges by James S. Reid, Litt.D. Cambridge University Press. 1894. 2s. 6d. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 9 (06):330-332.
- E. S. Russell (1932). The Essentials of Biology. By James Johnstone, D.Sc. (London: Edward Arnold & Co. 1932. Pp. Xv + 328. Price 16s. Net.). Philosophy 7 (28):493-.
- E. Seymer Thompson (1903). Adam's Republic of Plato The Republic of Plato. Edited with Critical Notes, Commentary, and Appendices, by James Adam, M.A., Hon. LL.D. Of Aberdeen University. 2vols. Pp. Xvi, 364; 532. Cambridge University Press. 1902. 33s. Net. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 17 (03):169-173.
- A. Y. Campbell (1918). The New Greek Comedy The New Greek Comedy—Κωμδα Να. By Professor Ph. E. Legrand. Translated by James Loeb, A.B. With an Introduction by John Williams White, Ph.D., LL.D. Heinemann, 1917. 15s. Net. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 32 (7-8):182-184.
- T. Nicklin (1906). Moulton's Grammar of New Testament Greek A Grammar of New Testament Greek Based on W. F. Moulton's Edition of G. B. Winer's Grammar. By James Hope Moulton, M.A. (Cantab.), D.Lit. (Lond.). T. And T. Clark, 38 George Street, Edinburgh, 1906. 8vo. Vol. I. Prolegomena. Pp. Xx + 274. 8s. Net. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 20 (09):464-466.
- A. W. Pickard-Cambridge (1927). Stage Antiquities of the Greeks and Romans and Their Influence. By James Turney Allen, Ph.D., Professor of Greek, University of California. Pp. Xii + 198. 17 Plates and 7 Figures in Text. New York: Longmans, Green and Co.; London: Harrap, 1927. 5s. [REVIEW] The Classical Review 41 (06):241-.
- Edward P. Mahoney (1984). History of Philosophy in the Making. A Symposium of Essays to Honor Professor James D. Collins on His 65th Birthday by His Colleagues and Friends. Journal of the History of Philosophy 22 (4):501-503.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: