- Michael R. Matthews (2014). Pendulum Motion: A Case Study in How History and Philosophy Can Contribute to Science Education. In International Handbook of Research in History, Philosophy and Science Teaching. Springer 19-56.
- Immanuel Kant (2007). Anthropology, History, and Education. Cambridge University Press.
- Roberto de Andrade Martins, Cibelle Celestino Silva & Maria Elice Brzezinski Prestes (2014). History and Philosophy of Science in Science Education, in Brazil. In Michael R. Matthews (ed.), International Handbook of Research in History, Philosophy and Science Teaching. Springer 2271-2299.
- Kaya Yilmaz (2010). Postmodernism and its Challenge to the Discipline of History: Implications for History Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 42 (7):779-795.
- Marc Depaepe (2007). Philosophy and History of Education: Time to Bridge the Gap? Educational Philosophy and Theory 39 (1):28–43.
- Robert A. Mechikoff (2006). A History and Philosophy of Sport and Physical Education: From Ancient Civilizations to the Modern World. Mcgraw-Hill.
- Manuel Ferraz Lorenzo (2007). Revisiting the Local or Regional History of Education: A Particular Vision From Spain. Educational Philosophy and Theory 39 (1):84–104.
- Raffaele Pisano (2016). The Algebra Between History and Education. [REVIEW] Metascience:1-5.
- Rita Cascle (2004). The Educational Theorists, the Teachers, and Their History of Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 23 (5-6):393-408.
- Daniel Tröhler (2004). The Establishment Of The Standard History Ofphilosophy of Education and Suppressed Traditions of Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 23 (5-6):367-391.
- Cathy Nutbrown (2008). Early Childhood Education: History, Philosophy, Experience. Sage.
- Lourenco C. Torcato (1970). Education, its History and Philosophy. Research Institute of Education & Philosophy & Religion.
- Jürgen Oelkers (2004). Nohl, Durkheim, and Mead: Three Different Types of “History of Education”. Studies in Philosophy and Education 23 (5-6):347-366.
- David Kirk (2001). Schooling Bodies Through Physical Education: Insights From Social Epistemology and Curriculum History. Studies in Philosophy and Education 20 (6):475-487.
- Marc Depaepe (2004). How Should the History of Education Be Written? Some Reflections About the Nature of the Discipline From the Perspective of Thereception of Our Work. Studies in Philosophy and Education 23 (5-6):333-345.
- Paula Viterbo (2007). History of Science as Interdisciplinary Education in American Colleges: Its Origins, Advantages, and Pitfalls. Journal of Research Practice 3 (2):Article M16.
- Bruno Vanobbergen & Paul Smeyers (2007). On Cioran's Criticism of Utopian Thinking and the History of Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 39 (1):44–55.
- Sheldon Rothblatt (ed.) (2012). Clark Kerr's World of Higher Education Reaches the 21st Century: Chapters in a Special History. Springer.
- History of Education Society (2007). Local Studies and the History of Education. Routledge.
- Catherine Kendig (2013). Integrating History and Philosophy of the Life Sciences in Practice to Enhance Science Education: Swammerdam's Historia Insectorum Generalis and the Case of the Water Flea. Science and Education 22 (8):1939-1961.
- Sundar Sarukkai (2014). Indian Experiences with Science: Considerations for History, Philosophy, and Science Education. In Michael R. Matthews (ed.), International Handbook of Research in History, Philosophy and Science Teaching. Springer 1691-1719.
- Don E. Glines (1995). Year-Round Education: History, Philosophy, Future. Mcnaughton & Gunn.
- Michael S. Merry (2009). Patriotism, History and the Legitimate Aims of American Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 41 (4):378-398.
- John L. Rudolph (2011). Science Education: History at the Edge. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C 42 (2):270-273.
- H. U. Jun (2011). A" Physical" Research Approach to Fine Arts Education History: On Diana Korzenik's Fine Arts Education Practice. Journal of Aesthetic Education 2:010.
- Jere T. Humphreys (forthcoming). The Content of Music Education History? It's a Philosophical Question, Really. Philosophy of Music Education Review.
- John L. Rudolph (2011). Science Education: History at the Edge. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C: Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences 42 (2):270-273.
- John White (2009). Why General Education? Peters, Hirst and History. Journal of Philosophy of Education 43 (1):123-141.
- Gary Clemitshaw (2008). Citizenship Without History? Knowledge, Skills and Values in Citizenship Education. Ethics and Education 3 (2):135-147.
- Jon A. Levisohn (2010). Negotiating Historical Narratives: An Epistemology of History for History Education. Journal of Philosophy of Education 44 (1):1-21.
- Mary Brabeck, Maureen Kenny, Sonia Stryker, Terry Tollefson & Margot Sternstrom (1994). Human Rights Education Through the 'Facing History and Ourselves' Program. Journal of Moral Education 23 (3):333-347.
- Thomas D. Fallace (2010). John Dewey on History Education and the Historical Method. Education and Culture 26 (2):20-35.
- Abraham Magendzo Kolstrein (2011). Why Are We Involved in Human Rights and Moral Education? Educators as Constructors of Our Own History. Journal of Moral Education 40 (3):289-297.
- Annette Patterson (2013). The Legacy of Ian Hunter's Work on Literature Education and the History of Reading Practices: Some Preliminary Remarks. History of European Ideas 40 (1):1-7.
- Clive Jones (1976). The Contribution of History and Literature to Moral Education. Journal of Moral Education 5 (2):127-138.
- Richard Barnett (2006). Education or Degeneration: E. Ray Lankester, H. G. Wells and The Outline of History. Studies in History and Philosophy of Science Part C 37 (2):203-229.
- S. E. Murrow (2006). Situating History So It Counts: Learning From Education History's Shift Toward Marginalization in US Teacher Education. Journal of Thought 41 (2):9.
- Baruch B. Schwarz & Michael J. Baker (2016). Dialogue, Argumentation and Education: History, Theory and Practice. Cambridge University Press.
- History of Education Society (2007). The History of Education in Europe. Routledge.
- Valentin Ageyev (2008). Creative Education as a Method of “Production” a Man as Subject of Own History. Proceedings of the Xxii World Congress of Philosophy 37:7-11.
- Ann Laura Stoler (1995). Race and the Education of Desire: Foucault’s History of Sexuality and the Colonial Order of Things. Duke University Press Books.
- Takayuki Hata & Masami Sekine (2010). Philosophy of Sport and Physical Education in Japan: Its History, Characteristics and Prospects. Journal of the Philosophy of Sport 37 (2):215-224.
- Yuko Murakami & Manabu Sumida (2014). History and Philosophy of Science in Japanese Education: A Historical Overview. In Michael R. Matthews (ed.), International Handbook of Research in History, Philosophy and Science Teaching. Springer 2217-2245.
- R. Michael Matthews (1997). Scheffler Revisited on the Role of History and Philosophy of Science in Science Teacher Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 16 (1/2):159-173.
- Michalinos Zembylas (2013). Pedagogies of Hauntology in History Education: Learning to Live with the Ghosts of Disappeared Victims of War and Dictatorship. Educational Theory 63 (1):69-86.
- Dr Connie Titone (2007). Pulling Back the Curtain: Relearning the History of the Philosophy of Education 1. Educational Studies 41 (2):128-147.
- Kyung Eun Jahng (2012). Rethinking the History of Education for Asian-American Children in California in the Second Half of the Nineteenth Century. Educational Philosophy and Theory 45 (3):301-317.
- Jeroen J. H. Dekker & Frank Simon (eds.) (2016). Shaping the History of Education?: The First 50 Years of Paedagogica Historica. Routledge.
- Joyce Goodman, Gary McCulloch & William Richardson (eds.) (2008). Social Change in the History of British Education. Routledge.
- Josephine Kamm (2010). Hope Deferred : Girls' Education in English History. Routledge.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: