- John Bishop, Things and Places: How the Mind Connects with the World, by Zenon Pylyshyn. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 2007. Pp. Xiv + 255. H/B £25.95, $34.00. [REVIEW]
- John Bishop & Ken Perszyk (forthcoming). Divine Action Beyond the Personal omniGod. Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion.
- Slawomir J. Nasuto, John Mark Bishop, Etienne B. Roesch & Matthew C. Spencer (forthcoming). Zombie Mouse in a Chinese Room. Philosophy and Technology:1-15.
- John Bishop (2013). Evidence and Religious Belief, by Kelly James Clark and Raymond J. VanArragon (Eds). Mind 122 (486):fzt054.
- John Bishop (2013). The Argument From Evil and the God of 'Frightening' Love. Sophia 52 (1):45-49.
- John Bishop (2012). Exercising Control in Practical Reasoning: Problems for Naturalism About Agency. Philosophical Issues 22 (1):53-72.
- John Douglas Bishop (2012). The Elephant in the Room: On the Absence of Corporations in Bernard Hodgson's Economics as a Moral Science. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 108 (1):27-35.
- John Douglas Bishop (2012). The Limits of Corporate Human Rights Obligations and the Rights of For-Profit Corporations. Business Ethics Quarterly 22 (1):119-144.
- John Bishop (2011). Thompson , Michael . Life and Action: Elementary Structures of Practice and Practical Thought . Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2008. Pp. 240. $44.00 (Cloth). [REVIEW] Ethics 122 (1):212-220.
- John Mark Bishop (2011). All Watched Over by Machines of Silent Grace? Philosophy and Technology 24 (3):359-362.
- John Bishop & Ken Perszyk (2011). The Normatively Relativised Logical Argument From Evil. International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 70 (2):109-126.
- John Bishop (2010). Faith. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- John Bishop (2010). Secular Spirituality and the Logic of Giving Thanks. Sophia 49 (4):523-534.
- John Douglas Bishop (2010). Paul J. Zak, Ed., Moral Markets: The Critical Role of Values in the Economy Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 29 (6):445-447.
- John Bishop (2009). Paul K. Moser the Elusive God: Reorienting Religious Epistemology. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008). Pp. XI+292. £45.00 (Hbk). Isbn 978 0 521 88903. [REVIEW] Religious Studies 45 (4):504-509.
- John Bishop (2009). Review of Rolfe King, Obstacles to Divine Revelation: God and the Reorientation of Human Reason. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2009 (10).
- John Bishop (2009). Towards a Religiously Adequate Alternative to Omnigod Theism. Sophia 48 (4):419-433.
- John Mark Bishop (2009). Why Computers Can't Feel Pain. Minds and Machines 19 (4):507-516.
- John Douglas Bishop (2008). For-Profit Corporations in a Just Society. Business Ethics Quarterly 18 (2):191-212.
- John Bishop (2007). Believing by Faith: An Essay in the Epistemology and Ethics of Religious Belief. Oxford University Press, Clarendon Press ;.
- John Bishop (2007). How a Modest Fideism May Constrain Theistic Commitments: Exploring an Alternative to Classical Theism. Philosophia 35 (3-4):387-402.
- John Douglas Bishop (2007). Terry L. Price, Understanding Ethical Failures in Leadership Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 27 (4):289-290.
- John Bishop (2006). The Philosophy of Religion: A Programmatic Overview. Philosophy Compass 1 (5):506–534.
- John Douglas Bishop (2006). Moral Intuitions Versus Game Theory: A Response to Marcoux on Résumé Embellishing. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 67 (2):181 - 189.
- John Bishop (2005). On the Possibility of Doxastic Venture: A Reply to Buckareff. Religious Studies 41 (4):447-451.
- John Bishop (2004). Review of Berent En, How We Act: Causes, Reasons and Intentions. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2004 (9).
- John Douglas Bishop (2004). Crossing the Boundaries of Obligation: Are Corporate Salaries a Form of Bribery? [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 55 (1):1 - 11.
- John Mark Bishop (2004). A Short Visit to the Chinese Room. The Philosopher's Magazine (28):47-51.
- John Bishop & Imran Aijaz (2004). 'How to Answer the "de Jure" Question About Christian Belief. International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 56 (2/3):109 - 129.
- John D. Bishop (2003). Prospects for a Naturalist Libertarianism: O'Connor's Persons and Causes. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 66 (1):228-243.
- John Mark Bishop (2003). Dancing with Pixies: Strong Artificial Intelligence and Panpsychism. In John M. Preston & Michael A. Bishop (eds.), Views Into the Chinese Room: New Essays on Searle and Artificial Intelligence. Oxford University Press.
- John Bishop (2002). Faith as Doxastic Venture. Religious Studies 38 (4):471-487.
- John Mark Bishop (2002). Counterfactuals Cannot Count: A Rejoinder to David Chalmers. Consciousness and Cognition 11 (4):642-52.
- John M. Preston & John Mark Bishop (eds.) (2002). Views Into the Chinese Room: New Essays on Searle and Artificial Intelligence. Oxford University Press.
- John Bishop (2001). Book Review. Arguing for Atheism. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion Robin le Poidevin. [REVIEW] Mind 110 (438):497-501.
- John Douglas Bishop (2000). A Framework for Discussing Normative Theories of Business Ethics. Business Ethics Quarterly 10 (3):563-591.
- John Douglas Bishop (2000). Is Self-Identity Image Advertising Ethical? Business Ethics Quarterly 10 (2):371-398.
- John Bishop (1998). Can There Be Alternative Concepts of God? Noûs 32 (2):174-188.
- John Bishop (1998). The Act Itself. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 58 (4):979-983.
- John Bishop (1997). On J.J.C. Smart and J.J. Haldane's Atheism and Theism. Sophia 36 (1):38-52.
- John Douglas Bishop (1997). Locke's Theory of Original Appropriation and the Right of Settlement in Iroquois Territory. Canadian Journal of Philosophy 27 (3):311 - 337.
- John D. Bishop (1996). Moral Motivation and the Development of Francis Hutcheson's Philosophy. Journal of the History of Ideas 57 (2):277-295.
- John Douglas Bishop (1996). Joy A. Palmer and David E. Cooper Eds., Just Environments: Intergenerational, International, and Interspecies Issues Reviewed By. [REVIEW] Philosophy in Review 16 (6):428-430.
- John Bishop (1995). Deciding to Believe: The Ethics and Rationality of Religious Belief. Sophia 34 (1):9-31.
- John D. Bishop (1995). Adam Smith's Invisible Hand Argument. Journal of Business Ethics 14 (3):165 - 180.
- John Bishop (1993). Explaining Human Action. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 53 (3):726-731.
- John Bishop (1993). Evil and the Concept of God. Philosophical Papers 22 (1):1-15.
- John D. Bishop (1993). Book Reviews. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 12 (1):373-377.
- John D. Bishop (1993). Compatibilism and the Free Will Defense. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 71 (2):104-20.
- John Bishop (1991). Causation. The Review of Metaphysics 45 (2):431-433.
|1 — 50 / 66||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Click here to configure this browser for off-campus access.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: