- John Bishop, Things and Places: How the Mind Connects with the World, by Zenon Pylyshyn. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 2007. Pp. Xiv + 255. H/B £25.95, $34.00. [REVIEW]
- John Douglas Bishop (forthcoming). For-Profit Corporations in a Just Society: A Social Contract Argument Concerning the Rights and Responsibilities of Corporations. Business Ethics Quarterly.
- John Bishop & Ken Perszyk (forthcoming). Divine Action Beyond the Personal omniGod. Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion.
- Slawomir J. Nasuto, John Mark Bishop, Etienne B. Roesch & Matthew C. Spencer (forthcoming). Zombie Mouse in a Chinese Room. Philosophy and Technology:1-15.
- John Bishop (2013). Evidence and Religious Belief, by Kelly James Clark and Raymond J. VanArragon (Eds). Mind 122 (486):fzt054.
- John Bishop (2013). The Argument From Evil and the God of 'Frightening' Love. Sophia 52 (1):45-49.
- John Bishop (2012). Exercising Control in Practical Reasoning: Problems for Naturalism About Agency. Philosophical Issues 22 (1):53-72.
- John Douglas Bishop (2012). The Elephant in the Room: On the Absence of Corporations in Bernard Hodgson's Economics as a Moral Science. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 108 (1):27-35.
- John Douglas Bishop (2012). The Limits of Corporate Human Rights Obligations and the Rights of For-Profit Corporations. Business Ethics Quarterly 22 (1):119-144.
- John Bishop (2011). Thompson , Michael . Life and Action: Elementary Structures of Practice and Practical Thought . Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2008. Pp. 240. $44.00 (Cloth). [REVIEW] Ethics 122 (1):212-220.
- John Mark Bishop (2011). All Watched Over by Machines of Silent Grace? Philosophy and Technology 24 (3):359-362.
- John Bishop & Ken Perszyk (2011). The Normatively Relativised Logical Argument From Evil. International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 70 (2):109-126.
- John Bishop (2010). Faith. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- John Bishop (2010). Secular Spirituality and the Logic of Giving Thanks. Sophia 49 (4):523-534.
- John Douglas Bishop (2010). Paul J. Zak, Ed., Moral Markets: The Critical Role of Values in the Economy Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 29 (6):445-447.
- John Bishop (2009). Paul K. Moser the Elusive God: Reorienting Religious Epistemology. (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008). Pp. XI+292. £45.00 (Hbk). Isbn 978 0 521 88903. [REVIEW] Religious Studies 45 (4):504-509.
- John Bishop (2009). Review of Rolfe King, Obstacles to Divine Revelation: God and the Reorientation of Human Reason. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2009 (10).
- John Bishop (2009). Towards a Religiously Adequate Alternative to Omnigod Theism. Sophia 48 (4):419-433.
- John Mark Bishop (2009). Why Computers Can't Feel Pain. Minds and Machines 19 (4):507-516.
- John Douglas Bishop (2008). For-Profit Corporations in a Just Society. Business Ethics Quarterly 18 (2):191-212.
- Melissa Barry, John Bishop, Benjamin Bradley, Sarah Buss, Ben Caplan, Erik Carlson, John Carriero, Peter Carruthers, C. A. J. Coady & Marian David (2007). The Editors of Philosophy and Phenomenological Research Thank the Members of the Editorial Board and the Following Scholars, Who Have Served as Referees During the Period of October 2006 Through July 2007. [REVIEW] Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 75 (3).
- John Bishop (2007). Believing by Faith: An Essay in the Epistemology and Ethics of Religious Belief. Oxford University Press, Clarendon Press ;.
- John Bishop (2007). How a Modest Fideism May Constrain Theistic Commitments: Exploring an Alternative to Classical Theism. Philosophia 35 (3-4):387-402.
- John Douglas Bishop (2007). Terry L. Price, Understanding Ethical Failures in Leadership Reviewed By. Philosophy in Review 27 (4):289-290.
- John Bishop (2006). The Philosophy of Religion: A Programmatic Overview. Philosophy Compass 1 (5):506–534.
- John Douglas Bishop (2006). Moral Intuitions Versus Game Theory: A Response to Marcoux on Résumé Embellishing. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 67 (2):181 - 189.
- John Bishop (2005). On the Possibility of Doxastic Venture: A Reply to Buckareff. Religious Studies 41 (4):447-451.
- John Bishop (2004). Review of Berent En, How We Act: Causes, Reasons and Intentions. [REVIEW] Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews 2004 (9).
- John Douglas Bishop (2004). Crossing the Boundaries of Obligation: Are Corporate Salaries a Form of Bribery? [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 55 (1):1 - 11.
- John Mark Bishop (2004). A Short Visit to the Chinese Room. The Philosophers' Magazine (28):47-51.
- John Bishop & Imran Aijaz (2004). 'How to Answer the "de Jure" Question About Christian Belief. International Journal for Philosophy of Religion 56 (2/3):109 - 129.
- John D. Bishop (2003). Prospects for a Naturalist Libertarianism: O'Connor's Persons and Causes. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 66 (1):228-243.
- John Mark Bishop (2003). Dancing with Pixies: Strong Artificial Intelligence and Panpsychism. In John M. Preston & Michael A. Bishop (eds.), Views Into the Chinese Room: New Essays on Searle and Artificial Intelligence. Oxford University Press.
- John Bishop (2002). Faith as Doxastic Venture. Religious Studies 38 (4):471-487.
- John Mark Bishop (2002). Counterfactuals Cannot Count: A Rejoinder to David Chalmers. Consciousness and Cognition 11 (4):642-52.
- John M. Preston & John Mark Bishop (eds.) (2002). Views Into the Chinese Room: New Essays on Searle and Artificial Intelligence. Oxford University Press.
- John Bishop (2001). Book Review. Arguing for Atheism. An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion Robin le Poidevin. [REVIEW] Mind 110 (438):497-501.
- John Douglas Bishop (2000). A Framework for Discussing Normative Theories of Business Ethics. Business Ethics Quarterly 10 (3):563-591.
- John Douglas Bishop (2000). Is Self-Identity Image Advertising Ethical? Business Ethics Quarterly 10 (2):371-398.
- John Bishop (1998). Can There Be Alternative Concepts of God? Noûs 32 (2):174-188.
- John Bishop (1998). The Act Itself. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 58 (4):979-983.
- John Bishop (1997). On J.J.C. Smart and J.J. Haldane's Atheism and Theism. Sophia 36 (1):38-52.
- John Douglas Bishop (1997). Locke's Theory of Original Appropriation and the Right of Settlement in Iroquois Territory. Canadian Journal of Philosophy 27 (3):311 - 337.
- John D. Bishop (1996). Moral Motivation and the Development of Francis Hutcheson's Philosophy. Journal of the History of Ideas 57 (2):277-295.
- John Douglas Bishop (1996). Joy A. Palmer and David E. Cooper Eds., Just Environments: Intergenerational, International, and Interspecies Issues Reviewed By. [REVIEW] Philosophy in Review 16 (6):428-430.
- John Bishop (1995). Deciding to Believe: The Ethics and Rationality of Religious Belief. Sophia 34 (1):9-31.
- John D. Bishop (1995). Adam Smith's Invisible Hand Argument. Journal of Business Ethics 14 (3):165 - 180.
- John Bishop (1993). Explaining Human Action. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 53 (3):726-731.
- John Bishop (1993). Evil and the Concept of God. Philosophical Papers 22 (1):1-15.
- John D. Bishop (1993). Book Reviews. [REVIEW] Journal of Business Ethics 12 (1):373-377.
|1 — 50 / 69||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: