- Jonas F. Soltis & National Society for the Study of Education (1981). Philosophy and Education. National Society for the Study of Education Distributed by the University of Chicago Press.
- Harold Bernard Alberty (ed.) (1940). Progressive Education: Its Philosophy and Challenge. [New York.
- William Hayes (2006). The Progressive Education Movement: Is It Still a Factor in Today's Schools? Rowman & Littlefield Education.
- Norman Dale Norris (2004). The Promise and Failure of Progressive Education. Scarecroweducation.
- Alan H. Cromer (1997). Connected Knowledge: Science, Philosophy, and Education. Oxford University Press.
- Dennis Carlson (2002). Leaving Safe Harbors: Toward a New Progressivism in American Education and Public Life. Routledge Falmer.
- Ilan Gur-Zeev (2011). Philosophy of Education in a Poor Historical Moment: A Personal Account. Studies in Philosophy and Education 30 (5):477-483.
- Uday Shanker (1978). Progressive Education. Indian Publcations.
- David Carr (1984). Moral Philosophy and Psychology in Progressive and Traditional Educational Thought. Journal of Philosophy of Education 18 (1):41–53.
- Deepti Ttwari (2002). Unending Education, Constant Progress and a Youth That Never Ages Sri Aurobindo's Philosophy of Education in Today's Context. In Kireet Joshi (ed.), Philosophy of Value-Oriented Education: Theory and Practice: Proceedings of the National Seminar, 18-20 January, 2002. Indian Council of Philosophical Research 129.
- Graham Haydon (1998). 50 Years of Philosophy of Education Progress and Prospects.
- Matthew J. Hayden (2012). What Do Philosophers of Education Do? An Empirical Study of Philosophy of Education Journals. Studies in Philosophy and Education 31 (1):1-27.
- Elizabeth Gould (2011). Feminist Imperative(s) in Music and Education: Philosophy, Theory, or What Matters Most. Educational Philosophy and Theory 43 (2):130-147.
- Richard A. Brosio (2000). Philosophical Scaffolding for the Construction of Critical Democratic Education. P. Lang.
- Cris Mayo (2011). Philosophy of Education is Bent. Studies in Philosophy and Education 30 (5):471-476.
- Paul Smeyers, Doret J. De Ruyter, Yusef Waghid & Torill Strand (2014). Publish Yet Perish: On the Pitfalls of Philosophy of Education in an Age of Impact Factors. Studies in Philosophy and Education 33 (6):647-666.
- Elvira Panaiotidi (2002). What Is Philosophy of Music Education and Do We Really Need It? Studies in Philosophy and Education 21 (3):229-252.
- Walter Feinberg (2015). Critical Pragmatism and the Appropriation of Ethnography by Philosophy of Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 34 (2):149-157.
- Philip Higgs (1998). Philosophy of Education in South Africa: A Re-Vision&Quot. [REVIEW] Studies in Philosophy and Education 17 (1):1-16.
- R. Michael Matthews (1997). Scheffler Revisited on the Role of History and Philosophy of Science in Science Teacher Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 16 (1/2):159-173.
- F. Ronald Blasius (1997). Alfred North Whitehead's Informal Philosophy of Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 16 (3):303-315.
- Gonzalo Jover (2001). Philosophy of Education in Spain at the Threshold of the 21st Century Â Origins, Political Contexts, and Prospects. Studies in Philosophy and Education 20 (4):361-385.
- Inna Semetsky (2007). Introduction: Semiotics, Education, Philosophy. Studies in Philosophy and Education 26 (3):179-183.
- David Carr (2003). Making Sense of Education: An Introduction to the Philosophy and Theory of Education and Teaching. Routledgefalmer.
- Michael A. Peters, Paulo Ghiraldelli, Steven Best, Ramin Farahmandpur, Jim Garrison, Douglas Kellner, James D. Marshall, Peter McLaren, Michael Peters, Björn Ramberg, Alberto Tosi Rodrigues, Juha Suoranta & Kenneth Wain (2001). Richard Rorty: Education, Philosophy, and Politics. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Noam Chomsky (2003). Chomsky on Democracy & Education. Routledgefalmer.
- John Wilson (1979). Preface to the Philosophy of Education. Routledge & Kegan Paul.
- Paul Smeyers (2007). The Therapy of Education: Philosophy, Happiness and Personal Growth. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Michael R. Matthews (2014). Pendulum Motion: A Case Study in How History and Philosophy Can Contribute to Science Education. In International Handbook of Research in History, Philosophy and Science Teaching. Springer 19-56.
- Robin Barrow (2006/1982). An Introduction to Philosophy of Education. Routledge.
- Wendy Kohli (ed.) (1995). Critical Conversations in Philosophy of Education. Routledge.
- Connie Titone (2009). Virtue, Reason, and the False Public Voice: Catharine Macaulay's Philosophy of Moral Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 41 (1):91-108.
- Nel Noddings (1995). Philosophy of Education. Westview Press.
- Marc Depaepe (2007). Philosophy and History of Education: Time to Bridge the Gap? Educational Philosophy and Theory 39 (1):28–43.
- Yusef Waghid & Paul Smeyers (2012). Taking Into Account African Philosophy: An Impetus to Amend the Agenda of Philosophy of Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 44 (s2):1-5.
- Duck-joo Kwak (2011). Skepticism and Education: In Search of Another Filial Tie of Philosophy to Education. Educational Philosophy and Theory 44 (5):535-545.
- Andrew Stables (2010). Response to Gert Biesta’s Review of Childhood and the Philosophy of Education: An Anti-Aristotelian Perspective. Studies in Philosophy and Education 29 (6):587-589.
- Nigel Blake (ed.) (2003). The Blackwell Guide to the Philosophy of Education. Blackwell Pub..
- Daniel Tröhler (2000). The Global Community, Religion, and Education: The Modernity of Dewey's Social Philosophy. [REVIEW] Studies in Philosophy and Education 19 (1):159-186.
- Gert Biesta (2010). Editorial: Publishing in Studies in Philosophy and Education. Studies in Philosophy and Education 29 (1):1-3.
- T. W. Moore (1982). Philosophy of Education: An Introduction. Routledge & K. Paul.
- Christopher Winch (1999). Key Concepts in the Philosophy of Education. Routledge.
- Helen E. Lees (2013). Is R.S. Peters' Way of Mentioning Women in His Texts Detrimental to Philosophy of Education? Some Considerations and Questions. Ethics and Education 7 (3):291 - 302.
- Harvey Siegel (ed.) (2009). The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy of Education. Oxford University Press.
- Ilan Gur-Ze’ev (2008). Diasporic Philosophy, Counter-Education and Improvisation: A Reply. Studies in Philosophy and Education 27 (5):381-386.
- Frieda Heyting, Dieter Lenzen & John White (eds.) (2001). Methods in Philosophy of Education. Routledge.
- Gert J. J. Biesta (2010). Review of Andrew Stables, Childhood and the Philosophy of Education: An Anti-Aristotelian Perspective. [REVIEW] Studies in Philosophy and Education 29 (6):579-585.
- Leonard J. Waks (2010). Response to Fred Ellett’s Review of Leaders in Philosophy of Education: Intellectual Self Portraits. Studies in Philosophy and Education 29 (3):321-323.
- Kenneth Wain (2008). The Future of Education... And its Philosophy. Studies in Philosophy and Education 27 (2-3):103-114.
- Richard Bailey (ed.) (2010). The Sage Handbook of Philosophy of Education. Sage Publication.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: