- Jennifer McKitrick (2002). Reid's Foundation for the Primary/Secondary Quality Distinction. Philosophical Quarterly 52 (209):478-494.
- Emmett L. Holman (2006). Dualism and Secondary Quality Eliminativism: Putting a New Spin on the Knowledge Argument. Philosophical Studies 128 (2):229-56.
- Edward W. Averill (1982). The Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. Philosophical Review 91 (July):343-362.
- Natika Newton (1989). On Viewing Pain as a Secondary Quality. Noûs 23 (5):569-98.
- Lewis White Beck (1946). Secondary Quality. Journal of Philosophy 43 (October):599-609.
- Elizabeth Tropman (2010). Intuitionism and the Secondary-Quality Analogy in Ethics. Journal of Value Inquiry 44 (1):31-45.
- Lucy Allais (2007). Kant's Idealism and the Secondary Quality Analogy. Journal of the History of Philosophy 45 (3):459-484.
- Uriah Kriegel (2008). Composition as a Secondary Quality. Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 89 (3):359-383.
- Emmett Holman (2006). Dualism and Secondary Quality Eliminativism. Philosophical Studies 128 (2):229--56.
- John Kulvicki (2005). Perceptual Content, Information, and the Primary/Secondary Quality Distinction. Philosophical Studies 122 (2):103-131.
- Paul A. Boghossian & J. David Velleman (1989). Color as a Secondary Quality. Mind 98 (January):81-103.
- David Palmer (1976). Boyle's Corpuscular Hypothesis and Locke's Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. Philosophical Studies 29 (3):181 - 189.
- James Van Cleve (2011). Primary–Secondary Quality Distinction. In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press
- Elżbieta Łukasiewicz (2012). Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. Polish Journal of Philosophy 5 (2):47-76.
- James Van Cleve (2011). Reid on the Real Foundation of the Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press
- Lisa Downing (2009). Locke : The Primary and Secondary Quality Distinction. In Robin Le Poidevin (ed.), The Routledge Companion to Metaphysics. Routledge
- Peter Menzies & Huw Price (1993). Causation as a Secondary Quality. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 44 (2):187-203.
- Peter Menzies & Huw Price (1993). Causation as a Secondary Quality. BJPS 44 (2):187-203.
- Mario Gomez-Torrente (2011). Kripke on Color Words and the Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. In Alan Berger (ed.), Saul Kripke. Cambridge University Press 290-323.
- Michael Jacovides (2007). Locke on the Semantics of Secondary Quality Words: A Reply to Matthew Stuart. Philosophical Review 116 (4):633-645.
- Margaret D. Wilson (1982). Did Berkeley Completely Misunderstand the Basis of the Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction in Locke? In Colin M. Turbayne (ed.), Berkeley: Critical and Interpretive Essays.
- Laura Keating (1998). Reconsidering the Basis of Locke's Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. British Journal for the History of Philosophy 6 (2):169 – 192.
- Benjamin Hill (2004). 'Resemblance'and Locke's Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction. Locke Studies 4:89-122.
- Christopher O. Tollefsen (2000). McDowell’s Moral Realism and the Secondary Quality Analogy. Disputatio:1-13.
- Margaret Dauler Wilson (1999). CHAPTER 15. Did Berkeley Completely Misunderstand the Basis of the Primary-Secondary Quality Distinction in Locke? In Ideas and Mechanism: Essays on Early Modern Philosophy. Princeton University Press 215-228.
- Arnold I. Davidson & Norbert Hornstein (1984). The Primary/Secondary Quality Distinction: Berkeley, Locke, and the Foundations of Corpuscularian Science. Dialogue 23 (2):281-303.
- Saul A. Kripke, No Fool’s Red? Some Considerations on the Primary/Secondary Quality Distinction.
- Charles Owen Hopkins (1955). Effectiveness of Secondary Reinforcing Stimuli as a Function of the Quantity and Quality of Food Reinforcement. Journal of Experimental Psychology 50 (5):339.
- Steffen Borge (2007). Some Remarks on Reid on Primary and Secondary Qualities. Acta Analytica 22 (1):74-84.
- Janet Levin (1987). Physicalism and the Subjectivity of Secondary Qualities. Australasian Journal of Philosophy 65 (December):400-411.
- Colin McGinn (1983). The Subjective View: Secondary Qualities And Indexical Thoughts. Clarendon Press.
- Samuel C. Rickless (1997). Locke on Primary and Secondary Qualities. Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 78 (3):297-319.
- David Novitz (1975). Primary and Secondary Qualities: A Return to Fundamentals. Philosophical Papers 4 (October):89-104.
- A. D. Smith (1990). Of Primary and Secondary Qualities. Philosophical Review 99 (2):221-254.
- David M. Armstrong (1987). Smart and the Secondary Qualities. In Philip Pettit, Richard Sylvan & J. Norman (eds.), Metaphysics And Morality. Blackwell
- Robert B. Brandom (2002). Non-Inferential Knowledge, Perceptual Experience, and Secondary Qualities: Placing McDowell's Empiricism. In Reading McDowell: On Mind and World. New York: Routledge
- Gerald Vision (1982). Primary and Secondary Qualities: An Essay in Epistemology. [REVIEW] Erkenntnis 17 (March):135-170.
- David McNaughton (1984). McGinn on Experience of Primary and Secondary Qualities. Analysis 44 (2):78-80.
- Peter Sandoe (1988). Secondary Qualities--Subjective and Intrinsic. Theoria 54 (3):200-219.
- Michael A. Smith (1986). Peacocke on Red and Red. Synthese 68 (September):559-576.
- Steven M. Nadler (1990). Berkeley's Ideas and the Primary/Secondary Distinction. Canadian Journal of Philosophy 20 (1):47-61.
- E. Valberg (1980). A Theory of Secondary Qualities. Philosophy 55 (October):437-453.
- Maurice Charlesworth (1987). Hacker on Secondary Qualities. Mind 76 (July):386-391.
- R. E. Tully (1976). Reduction and Secondary Qualities. Mind 85 (July):351-370.
- Brian O'Shaughnessy (1986). Secondary Qualities. Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 67 (July):153-171.
- Roderick Millar (1983). Valberg's Secondary Qualities. Philosophy 58 (January):107-109.
- Christopher A. Shrock (2013). Thomas Reid and the Problem of Secondary Qualities. Dissertation, Baylor University
- Byrne Alex & R. Hilbert David (2011). Are Colors Secondary Qualities? In Lawrence Nolan (ed.), Primary and Secondary Qualities: The Historical and Ongoing Debate. Oxford University Press
- Roderick M. Chisholm (1957). Perceiving: A Philosophical Study. Cornell University Press.
- John Campbell (1993). A Simple View of Colour. In John J. Haldane & C. Wright (eds.), Reality: Representation and Projection. OUP 257-268.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: