- Jacqueline A. Laing (2002). Vegetative State – The Untold Story. New Law Journal 152:1272.
- Neera Bhatia & James Tibballs (2015). Deficiencies and Missed Opportunities to Formulate Clinical Guidelines in Australia for Withholding or Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment in Severely Disabled and Impaired Infants. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 12 (3):449-459.
- Jacqueline A. Laing (2013). Managerialising Death. Law Society Gazette.
- Susan M. Setta & Sam D. Shemie (2015). An Explanation and Analysis of How World Religions Formulate Their Ethical Decisions on Withdrawing Treatment and Determining Death. Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanities in Medicine 10 (1):6.
- Jacqueline A. Laing (2012). Incentivising Death. Solicitors Journal 157 (2):9.
- Jacqueline A. Laing (2005). The Right to Live: Reply to the Chief Executive of the Law Society. Law Society Gazette 102:11.
- Dominic Wilkinson & Julian Savulescu (2014). A Costly Separation Between Withdrawing and Withholding Treatment in Intensive Care. Bioethics 28 (3):127-137.
- G. Baeke, J. -P. Wils & B. Broeckaert (2011). Orthodox Jewish Perspectives on Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment. Nursing Ethics 18 (6):835-846.
- H. E. McHaffie, M. Cuttini, G. Brolz-Voit, L. Randag, R. Mousty, A. M. Duguet, B. Wennergren & P. Benciolini (1999). Withholding/Withdrawing Treatment From Neonates: Legislation and Official Guidelines Across Europe. Journal of Medical Ethics 25 (6):440-446.
- J. Brierley, J. Linthicum & A. Petros (2013). Should Religious Beliefs Be Allowed to Stonewall a Secular Approach to Withdrawing and Withholding Treatment in Children? Journal of Medical Ethics 39 (9):573-577.
- Stanley A. Terman (2013). Is the Principle of Proportionality Sufficient to Guide Physicians' Decisions Regarding Withholding/Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment After Suicide Attempts? American Journal of Bioethics 13 (3):22 - 24.
- Denard Veshi (2014). Withdrawing Treatment From Incompetent Patients in Italy: The Case of Eluana Englaro. Asian Bioethics Review 6 (4):402-408.
- R. Gillon (1994). Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Prolonging Treatment--Moral Implications of a Thought Experiment. Journal of Medical Ethics 20 (4):203-222.
- J. B. Reckling (1997). Who Plays What Role in Decisions About Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment? Journal of Clinical Ethics 8 (1):39.
- Dorothy Rasinski Gregory (1995). Network News: VA Network Futility Guidelines: A Resource for Decisions About Withholding and Withdrawing Treatment. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 4 (04):546-.
- V. Tschudin (2000). Book Review: Withholding and Withdrawing Life-Prolonging Medical Treatment: Guidance for Decision Making. [REVIEW] Nursing Ethics 7 (2):180-181.
- Leonard H. Glantz (1987). Withholding and Withdrawing Treatment: The Role of the Criminal Law. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 15 (4):231-241.
- Bioethics Center Midwest & Kansas City Area Ethics Committee Consortium (1998). Considerations Regarding Withholding/Withdrawing Life-Sustaining Treatment. Bioethics Forum 14 (2):SS1.
- David Jan McQuoid-Mason (2015). Does Withdrawing Treatment From a Pregnant Persistent Vegetative State Patient Resulting in Her Death Constitute a Termination of Pregnancy? South African Journal of Bioethics and Law 8 (1):8.
- D. Lanzerath, Ludger Honnefelder & Ulrich Feeser (1998). Nationaler Bericht der Europäischen Befragung: „Doctors' Views on the Management of Patients in Persistent Vegetative State (PVS)“ Im Rahmen des Forschungsprojekts „The Moral and Legal Issues Surrounding the Treatment and Health Care of Patients in Persistent Vegetative State“. [REVIEW] Ethik in der Medizin 10 (3):152-180.
- Sabine Beck, Andreas van de Loo & Stella Reiter-Theil (2008). A “Little Bit Illegal”? Withholding and Withdrawing of Mechanical Ventilation in the Eyes of German Intensive Care Physicians. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 11 (1):7-16.
- R. Heywood (2012). Withdrawal of Treatment From Minimally Conscious Patients. Clinical Ethics 7 (1):10-16.
- Jacob Gipson, Guy Kahane & Julian Savulescu (2014). Attitudes of Lay People to Withdrawal of Treatment in Brain Damaged Patients. Neuroethics 7 (1):1-9.
- D. J. Wilkinson, G. Kahane, M. Horne & J. Savulescu (2009). Functional Neuroimaging and Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Treatment From Vegetative Patients. Journal of Medical Ethics 35 (8):508-511.
- R. Cremer, A. Binoche, O. Noizet, C. Fourier, S. Leteurtre, G. Moutel & F. Leclerc (2007). Are the GFRUP's Recommendations for Withholding or Withdrawing Treatments in Critically Ill Children Applicable? Results of a Two-Year Survey. Journal of Medical Ethics 33 (3):128-133.
- Giles Birchley (2013). Doctor? Who? Nurses, Patient's Best Interests and Treatment Withdrawal: When No Doctor is Available, Should Nurses Withdraw Treatment From Patients? Nursing Philosophy 14 (2):96-108.
- Franklin G. Miller, Robert D. Truog & Dan W. Brock (2010). Moral Fictions and Medical Ethics. Bioethics 24 (9):453-460.
- M. Davie & A. Kaiser (2007). Semi-Qualitative Study of Staff Attitudes to Care Following Decision to Withdraw Active Treatment in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Clinical Ethics 2 (3):133-138.
- J. Goldie (2004). Students' Attitudes and Potential Behaviour to a Competent Patient's Request for Withdrawal of Treatment as They Pass Through a Modern Medical Curriculum. Journal of Medical Ethics 30 (4):371-376.
- M. G. Tweeddale (2002). Grasping the Nettle--What to Do When Patients Withdraw Their Consent for Treatment: (A Clinical Perspective on the Case of Ms B). Journal of Medical Ethics 28 (4):236-237.
- Dominic Wilkinson (2009). The Window of Opportunity: Decision Theory and the Timing of Prognostic Tests for Newborn Infants. Bioethics 23 (9):503-514.
- R. D. Mackay (1988). Terminating Life-Sustaining Treatment--Recent US Developments. Journal of Medical Ethics 14 (3):135-139.
- Seiji Bito & Atsushi Asai (2007). Attitudes and Behaviors of Japanese Physicians Concerning Withholding and Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Treatment for End-of-Life Patients: Results From an Internet Survey. BMC Medical Ethics 8 (1):1-9.
- Sofia Moratti (2010). The Englaro Case: Withdrawal of Treatment From a Patient in a Permanent Vegetative State in Italy. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 19 (03):372-380.
- Loane Skene (2004). Disputes About the Withdrawal of Treatment: The Role of the Courts. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 32 (4):701-707.
- J. Appleyard (1998). Withdrawal of Treatment in Children. Journal of Medical Ethics 24 (5):350-350.
- Dominic Wilkinson (2009). The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy in Intensive Care. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics 30 (6):401-410.
- Dominic Wilkinson, Robert Truog & Julian Savulescu (2015). In Favour of Medical Dissensus: Why We Should Agree to Disagree About End‐of‐Life Decisions. Bioethics 29 (8).
- R. J. Boyle (2004). Ethics of Refusing Parental Requests to Withhold or Withdraw Treatment From Their Premature Baby. Journal of Medical Ethics 30 (4):402-405.
- S. Moratti (2010). The Parents' Ability to Take Care of Their Baby as a Factor in Decisions to Withhold or Withdraw Life-Prolonging Treatment in Two Dutch NICUs. Journal of Medical Ethics 36 (6):336-338.
- Gerald Logue (1994). Toleration of Moral Diversity and the Conscientious Refusal by Physicians to Withdraw Life-Sustaining Treatment. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 19 (2):147-159.
- S. Wear, S. Lagaipa & G. Logue (1994). Toleration of Moral Diversity and the Conscientious Refusal by Physicians to Withdraw Life-Sustaining Treatment. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy 19 (2):147-159.
- J. Harris (1994). Are Withholding and Withdrawing Therapy Always Morally Equivalent? A Reply to Sulmasy and Sugarman. Journal of Medical Ethics 20 (4):223-224.
- K. R. Mitchell, I. H. Kerridge & T. J. Lovat (1993). Medical Futility, Treatment Withdrawal and the Persistent Vegetative State. Journal of Medical Ethics 19 (2):71-76.
- Joris Gielen, Sushma Bhatnagar, Seema Mishra, Arvind K. Chaturvedi, Harmala Gupta, Ambika Rajvanshi, Stef Van den Branden & Bert Broeckaert (2011). Can Curative or Life-Sustaining Treatment Be Withheld or Withdrawn? The Opinions and Views of Indian Palliative-Care Nurses and Physicians. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy 14 (1):5-18.
- Anders Rydvall, Niklas Juth, Mikael Sandlund, Magnus Domellöf & Niels Lynøe (forthcoming). To Treat or Not to Treat a Newborn Child with Severe Brain Damage? A Cross-Sectional Study of Physicians' and the General Population's Perceptions of Intentions. Medicine, Health Care and Philosophy:1-8.
- E. Jackson (2013). The Minimally Conscious State and Treatment Withdrawal: W V M. Journal of Medical Ethics 39 (9):559-561.
- Nancy A. Wynstra (1989). Role of In-House Counsel in Decisions About Withdrawal of Life Sustaining Treatment. Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics 17 (4):325-329.
- P. Alderson (2004). Crucial Decisions at the Beginning of Life: Parents' Experiences of Treatment Withdrawal From Infants. Journal of Medical Ethics 30 (6):e1-e1.
- Nancy Jecker (2011). Medical Futility and the Death of a Child. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 8 (2):133-139.
|1 — 50 / 1000||
Using PhilPapers from home?
Create an account to enable off-campus access through your institution's proxy server.
Monitor this page
Be alerted of all new items appearing on this page. Choose how you want to monitor it: