Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Advance Directives and Substitute Decision-Making" by Agnieszka Jaworska
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Brock, D., 1995, “Death and Dying: Euthanasia and Sustaining Life: Ethical Issues,” in Encyclopedia of Bioethics (Volume 1), W. Reich (ed.), New York: Simon and Schuster, 2nd edition, pp. 563-72. (Scholar)
- Buchanan, A. E. and Brock, D. W., 1990, Deciding for Others: The Ethics of Surrogate Decision-Making, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Cantor, N., 2005, “The Bane of Surrogate Decision-Making:
Defining the Best Interests of Never-Competent Persons,” The
Journal of Legal Medicine, 26(2): 155-205. (Scholar)
- DeGrazia, D., 1999, “Advance Directives, Dementia, and
‘the Someone Else Problem’,” Bioethics, 13(5):
- DeGrazia, D., 2005, Human Identity and Bioethics, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Dresser, R., 1986, “Life, Death, and Incompetent Patients:
Conceptual Infirmities and Hidden Values in the Law,” Arizona
Law Review, 28(3): 373-405. (Scholar)
- Dworkin, R., 1993, Life's Dominion: An Argument about Abortion, Euthanasia, and Individual Freedom, New York: Knopf. (Scholar)
- Jaworska, A., 1999, “Respecting the Margins of Agency: Alzheimer's Patients and the Capacity to Value,” Philosophy and Public Affairs, 28(2): 105-138. (Scholar)
- Jaworska, A., unpublished, “Vanishing Persons and the
Authority of the Former Self: Dilemmas in Alzheimer's Disease.” (Scholar)
- McMahan, J., 2002, The Ethics of Killing: Problems at
the Margins of Life, Oxford: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Schapiro, T., 1999, “What is a Child?” Ethics, 109(4): 715-738. (Scholar)
- Shiffrin, S. V., 2004, “Advance Directives, Beneficence, and the Permanently Demented.” in Dworkin and His Critics with Replies by Dworkin, J. Burley (ed.), Oxford: Blackwell, pp. 195-217. (Scholar)