Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Beardsley's Aesthetics" by Michael Wreen
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Beardsley, Monroe. Aesthetics: Problems in the Philosophy of
Criticism, 2nd ed. Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing Company,
- Beardsley, Monroe. The Possibility of Criticism. Detroit:
Wayne State University Press, 1970.
- Beardsley, Monroe. The Aesthetic Point of View. Ithaca,
New York: Cornell University Press, 1982.
- Beardsley, Monroe and William K. Wimsatt. "The Intentional
Fallacy." Reprinted in Joseph Margolis, ed., Philosophy Looks at
the Arts, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Temple University Press,
- Beardsley, Monroe and William K. Wimsatt. "The Affective Fallacy."
Reprinted in Hazard Adams, ed., Critical Theory since
Plato. New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1971. (Scholar)
- Hirsch, E.D. Validity in Interpretation. New Haven,
CT: Yale University Press, 1967.