Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Catharine Trotter Cockburn" by Patricia Sheridan
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- The Works of Mrs. Catharine Cockburn, Theological, Moral,
Dramatic, and Poetical In Two Volumes. (1751), 1992, Thomas Birch
(ed.); reprinted, London: Routledge/Thoemmes. (Scholar)
- Catharine Trotter Cockburn: Philosophical
Writings, 2006, Patricia Sheridan (ed.), Peterborough, ON:
Broadview Press. (Scholar)
- Atherton, Margaret, 1994, Women Philosophers of the Early
Modern Period, Indianapolis: Hackett Publishing. (Scholar)
- Bolton, Martha Brandt, 1996, “Some Aspects of the Philosophical Work of Catharine Trotter Cockburn,” in Hypatia's Daughters: Fifteen Hundred Years of Women Philosophers, Linda Lopez McAlister (ed.), Bloomington: Indiana University Press: 139–164. (Scholar)
- Broad, Jacqueline, 2002, Women Philosophers of the Seventeenth Century, Cambridge: CambridgeUniversity Press. (Scholar)
- Kelley, Anne, 2002, Catharine Trotter: an early modern writer
in the vanguard of feminism, Aldershot:
- Lennon, Thomas M., 2007, “The Genesis of Berkeley's Theory of Vision Vindicated,” in History of European Ideas, 33 (3): 321–329. (Scholar)
- Sheridan, Patricia, 2007, “Reflection, Nature, and Moral Law: The extent of Catharine Trotter Cockburn's Lockeanism in her Defence of Mr. Locke's Essay,” Hypatia, 22 (3): 133–151. (Scholar)
- Waithe, Mary Ellen, 1991, “Catharine Trotter
Cockburn,” in Modern Women Philosophers,
1600–1900, Mary Ellen Waithe (ed.), Dordrecht: Kluwer
Academic Publishers. (Scholar)