Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Creation and Conservation" by Jonathan Kvanvig and David Vander Laan
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Aquinas, Thomas. Summa contra Gentiles, Book 2, chs. 64–70;
Basic Writings of Thomas Aquinas, Volume 2, A.C. Pegis (ed.),
New York: Random House, 1945.
- Craig, William Lane, 1998. “Creation and Conservation Once More,” Religious Studies, 34: 177–188. (Scholar)
- Edwards, Jonathan, 1758. The Great Christian Doctrine of Original
Sin Defended: Works, vol. 3, C.A. Holbrook (ed.),
New Haven: Yale University Press, 1970. (Scholar)
- Farley, B.W., 1988. The Providence of God, Grand Rapids:
Baker Book House. (Scholar)
- Freddoso, A.J., 1991. “God's General Concurrence with Secondary Causes: Why Conservation is Not Enough,” Philosophical Perspectives (Volume 5), James E. Tomberlin (ed.), Atascadero, CA: Ridgeview Publishing, pp. 553–85. (Scholar)
- Hitchcock, Christopher, 2001. “The Intransitivity of Causation Revealed in Equations and Graphs,” Journal of Philosophy, 98: 273–99. (Scholar)
- Kvanvig, Jonathan L. and HcCann, Hugh J., 1988. “Divine Conservation and the Persistence of the World,” in Divine and Human Action, Thomas V. Morris (ed.), Ithaca: Cornell University Press, pp. 13–49. (Scholar)
- Malebranche, Nicholas, 1688. Entretiens sur la metaphysique, tr. W. Doney, Dialogues on Metaphysics, New York: Abaris Books, 1980. (Scholar)
- Quinn, Philip L., 1983. “Divine Conservation, Continuous Creation, and Human Action,” in The Existence and Nature of God, Alfred J. Freddoso (ed.), Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, pp. 55–80. (Scholar)
- Schleiermacher, F. D. E., DATE, The Christian Faith, 2nd
edition, H. R. MacIntosh and J. S. Stewart (eds.), Edinburgh: T. &
T. Clark, 1928.
- van Inwagen, Peter, 1988. “The Place of Chance in a World Sustained by God,” in Divine and Human Action, Thomas V. Morris (ed.), Ithaca: Cornell University Press, pp. 211–35. (Scholar)
- Vander Laan, David, 2006. “Persistence and Divine Conservation,” Religious Studies, 42: 159–76. (Scholar)
- Yablo, Steven, 2002. “De Facto Dependence.” Journal of Philosophy, 99: 130–48. (Scholar)