Linked bibliography for the SEP article "Croce's Aesthetics" by Gary Kemp
Works by Croce:
- 1902. Estetica come scienza dell'espressione e linguistica generale, Florence: Sandron.
- 1909 . Aesthetic: As science of expression and general linguistic, translated by Douglas Ainslie, New York: Noonday. Cited as Aes.
- 1909. Logica come scienza del concetto puro, Florence: Sandron.
- 1909. Filosofia della practica, economica ed etica, Florence: Sandron.
- 1913. Brevario de estetica, Naples: Laterza.
- 1917. Logic as the Science of the Pure Concept, translated by Douglas Ainslie, London: Macmillan.
- 1917. Philosophy of the Practical, Economic and Ethic, translated by Douglas Ainslie, London: Macmillan.
- 1921. The Essence of Aesthetic, translated by Douglas Ainslie, London: Heinemann. Noted as EA
- 1995 . Guide to Aesthetics, translated by Patrick Romanell, Indianopolis: Hackett.
- 1966. Philosophy, Poetry, History: An Anthology of Essays, translated and introduced by Cecil Sprigge, London: Oxford University Press. Noted as PPH
- 1992. The Aesthetic as the Science of Expression and of the Linguistic in General Part I: Theory, translated by Colin Lyas, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Bosanquet, B., 1919. ‘Croce's Aesthetic’, Proceedings of the British Academy, IX: 261–288. (Scholar)
- Bosanquet, B., 1920. ‘Reply to Carr’, Mind XXIX(2): 212–15. (Scholar)
- Carr, H. W., 1917. The Philosophy of Benedetto Croce, London: Macmillan. (Scholar)
- Ducasse, C., 1929. The Philosophy of Art, New York: Dial. (Scholar)
- Kemp, G. 2003. ‘The Croce-Collingwood Theory as Theory’, The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, 61(2): 171–193. (Scholar)
- Moss, M. E., 1987. Benedetto Croce reconsidered: truth and error in theories of art, literature, and history, London: University of New England Press. (Scholar)
- Orsini, G., 1961. Benedetto Croce: Philosophy of Art and Literary Critic, Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press. (Scholar)
- Patankar R. B., 1962. ‘What Does Croce Mean by 'Expression'? ’, The British Journal of Aesthetics, 2(2): 112–125. (Scholar)
- Paton, M., 1985. ‘Getting Croce Straight’, The Brit Journal of Aesthetics, 25(3): 252–265. (Scholar)
- Vittorio M., 2012. ‘Reflections on the Croce–Dewey exchange’, Modern Italy, 17(1): 31–49. [available online]. (Scholar)
Generated Sun Dec 8 05:32:16 2013