Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Eternity" by Paul Helm
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Anselm, The Monologion, trans. Simon Harrison,
in Anselm of Canterbury, The Major Works, Edited with an
Introduction by Brian Davies and G. R. Evans (Oxford, Oxford
University Press), 1998.
- Augustine, The Confessions, trans. Henry Chadwick
(Oxford, Oxford University Press), 1991.
- Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy,
trans. V.E. Watts (London, Penguin Books), 1969.
- Burrell, David, 1986, Knowing the Unknowable God (Notre
Dame, University of Notre Dame Press. (Scholar)
- Calvin, John, Institutes of the Christian Religion, ed. John T.
McNeill, trans. F.L. Battles (London, S.C.M. 1960)
- Craig, William, 1998, ‘The Tensed vs. Tenseless Theory of Time: A Watershed for the Conception of Divine Eternity’, in Questions of Time and Tense ed. Robin Le Poidevin, (Oxford, Clarendon Press), pp. 221–250. (Scholar)
- Craig, William, 2001, Time and Eternity: Exploring God's Relationship to Time (Wheaton, Ill. Crossway Books). (Scholar)
- Cross, Richard, 2005, Duns Scotus on God
(Aldershot, Hants., Ashgate). (Scholar)
- DeWeese, Garrett J., 2004, God and the Nature of Time (Aldershot, Hants., Ashgate). (Scholar)
- Ganssle, Gregory E. and Woodruff, David M., eds., 2002, God and Time (Oxford, Oxford University Press). (Scholar)
- Halbertal, M. and Margalit, A, Idolatry (Cambridge,
Mass. Harvard University Press, 1992)
- Helm, Paul, 1988, Eternal God (Oxford: Clarendon
- Kenny, Anthony, 1979, The God of the Philosophers (Oxford, Clarendon Press). (Scholar)
- Leftow, Brian, 1991, Time and Eternity (Ithaca: Cornell University Press). (Scholar)
- Lucas. J.R., 1989, The Future (Oxford: Blackwell). (Scholar)
- McTaggart, J.M.E., 1908, ‘The Unreality of Time’,
Mind 17: 456–473. (Scholar)
- Maimonides, M., The Guide of the Perplexed trans. with an
intro. by Shlomo Pines, with an Introductory Essay by Leo Strauss
(Chicago, The University of Chicago Press), 1963.
- Pike, Nelson, 1970, God and Timelessness (London, Routledge and Kegan Paul). (Scholar)
- Rogers, Katherin A., 1994, ‘Eternity has no Duration’, Religious Studies 30: 1–16. (Scholar)
- Rogers, Katherin A., 2008, Anselm on Freedom (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2008). (Scholar)
- Rogers, Katherin A., 2000, Perfect Being Theology
(Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press). (Scholar)
- Sorabji, Richard, 1984, Time, Creation and the Continuum: Theories in Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages (London: Duckworth). (Scholar)
- Stump, Eleonore and Kretzmann, Norman, 1981, ‘Eternity’, Journal of Philosophy 78(8): 429–458. (Scholar)
- Swinburne, Richard, 1977, The Coherence of Theism (Oxford, Clarendon Press). (Scholar)
- Swinburne, Richard, 1994, The Christian God (Oxford, Clarendon Press). (Scholar)
- Wolterstorff, Nicholas, 1975, ‘God Everlasting’ in God and the Good: Essays in Honor of Henry Stob, edd. Clifton Orlebeke and Lewis Smedes (Grand Rapids, Mich. Eerdmans), pp. 181–203. (Scholar)