Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Friedrich Hayek" by David Schmidtz
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
Primary Literature: Work by Hayek
- 1944, The Road to Serfdom, Chicago: University
of Chicago Press).
- 1945, “The Use of Knowledge in Society,” American
Economic Review, 35: 519–30. (Scholar)
- 1948, Individualism and Economic Order,
Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1958, “Freedom, Reason, and Tradition,” Ethics,
68: 229–45. (Scholar)
- 1960, The Constitution of Liberty, Chicago:
University of Chicago Press.
- 1969, Studies in Philosophy, Politics, and
Economics, London: Routledge.
- 1973/76/79, Law, Legislation, and Liberty, in
3 volumes, Chicago: University of Chicago Pres).
- 1978a, “Coping with Ignorance,” Imprimis, 7:
- 1978b, New Studies in Philosophy, Politics,
Economics, and the History of Ideas, London: Routledge.
- 1988, The Fatal Conceit: The Errors of
Socialism, W. W. Bartley III (ed.), Volume 1 of The
Collected Works of F. A. Hayek, Chicago: University of Chicago
- Buchanan, James M., and Gordon Tullock, 1962. A Calculus of
Consent, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press. (Scholar)
- Burczak, Theodore, 2009. Socialism After Hayek, Ann
Arbor: University of Michigan Press. (Scholar)
- Caldwell, Bruce J., 2004. Hayek's Challenge: An Intellectual
Biography of F.A. Hayek, University of Chicago Press. (Scholar)
- Critical Review, 1997. Special Issue on F. A. Hayek, 11: 1. (Scholar)
- Feinberg, Joel, 1970. Doing & Deserving, Princeton:
Princeton University Press. (Scholar)
- Feser, Edward (ed.), 2006. The Cambridge Companion to Hayek,
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Gaus, Gerald, 2007. “Social Complexity and Evolved Moral Principles,” in Liberalism, Conservatism, and Hayek's Idea of Spontaneous Order, Peter McNamara (ed.), London: Palgrave Macmillan, 149–76. (Scholar)
- Gray, John, 1984. Hayek on Liberty, Oxford: Basil
- Hoy, Calvin, 1984. A Philosophy of Individual Freedom,
Westport: Greenwood. (Scholar)
- Machlup, Fritz (ed.), 1976. Essays on Hayek, Hillsdale:
Hillsdale College Press. (Scholar)
- Nozick, Robert, 1974. Anarchy, State, and Utopia, New York: Belknap. (Scholar)
- Pennington, Mark, 2011. Robust Political Economy, Northampton, MA:
Edward Elgar. (Scholar)
- Rawls, John, 1955. “Two Concepts of Rules,” The Philosophical Review, 64: 3–32. (Scholar)
- –––, 1971. A Theory of Justice, Cambridge: Harvard University Press. (Scholar)
- Schmidtz, David, 2006. Elements of Justice, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- –––, 2008. Person, Polis, Planet, New York: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- –––, forthcoming. “Adam Smith's Theory of
Freedom,” in Adam Smith: A Princeton Guide, Ryan Hanley
(ed.), Princeton: Princeton University Press. (Scholar)
- Schmidtz, David, and John Thrasher (eds.), 2013.
Creating Wealth: Essays on Ethics and Economics, San Diego:
- Shearmur, Jeremy, 1996. Hayek and After: Hayekian Liberalism as a Research Programme, London: Routledge. (Scholar)
- Smith, Adam, 1790. Theory of Moral Sentiments, Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 1984. (Scholar)
- Tebble, Adam, 2009. “Hayek and Social Justice: a Critique,” Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, 12: 581–604. (Scholar)
- Zwolinski, Matt, 2008. “The Ethics of Price-Gouging,” Business Ethics Quarterly, 18: 347–78. (Scholar)