Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Immutability" by Brian Leftow
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Aristotle, De Caelo (De Cael.), trans. R. Hardie
and R. Gaye, in The Basic Works of Aristotle, ed. Richard
McKeon, NY: Random House, 1941.
- Aristotle, Physics (Phys.), tr. J. Stocks, in
The Basic Works of Aristotle, ed. Richard McKeon, NY: Random
- Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, trans. H.
Stewart, in Boethius: The Theological Tractates, trans. H.
Stewart and E. K. Rand, Cambridge, MA: Loeb Classical Library,
Harvard University Press, 1936.
- Cumming, David, 2003, “Descartes on the Immutability of the
Divine Will,” Religious Studies: An International Journal for
the Philosophy of Religion, 39 (1): 79–92. (Scholar)
- Gale, Richard, 1986, “Omniscience-Immutability Arguments,” American Philosophical Quarterly, 23: 319–35. (Scholar)
- Hallman, Joseph, 1981, “The Mutability of God: Tertullian to
Lactantius,” Theological Studies, 42: 373–93. (Scholar)
- Hartshorne, Charles, 1948, The Divine Relativity, New
Haven: Yale University Press. (Scholar)
- Helm, Paul, 1988, Eternal God, New York: Oxford
University Press. (Scholar)
- Kretzmann, Norman, 1966, “Omniscience and Immutability,” Journal of Philosophy, 63: 409–421. (Scholar)
- Leftow, Brian, 1991, Time and Eternity, Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. (Scholar)
- Mann, William, 1987, “Immutability and Predication,” International Journal for Philosophy of Religion, 22: 21–39. (Scholar)
- Philo, On the Unchangeableness of God, trans. F. Colson
and G. Whitaker, in Philo, trans. F. Colson and G. Whitaker,
Cambridge, MA: Loeb Classical Library, Harvard University press,
1960, Volume 3. (Scholar)
- Plato, Phaedo, trans. G. Grube, Indianapolis:
- Plato, Republic, trans. G. Grube and C. Reeve,
Indianapolis: Hackett, 1992.
- Sorabji, Richard, 1983, Time, Creation and the Continuum, Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. (Scholar)