Linked bibliography for the SEP article "
Justice as a Virtue" by Michael Slote
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, translated
by W.D. Ross, revised by J. Ackrill and J. Urmson, Oxford:
Oxford University Press.
- Bentham, Jeremy, 1789, An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. (Scholar)
- Frankena, William, 1973, Ethics, 2nd edition, Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall. (Scholar)
- Gilligan, Carol, 1982 , In a Different Voice: Psychological Theory
and Women's Development, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press,
1982; reprinted with a new preface, 1993. (Scholar)
- Hoffman, Martin, 2000, Empathy and Moral Development: Implications
for Caring and Justice, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Hume, David, 1739, A Treatise of Human Nature, edited by L. Selby-Bigge, 2nd revised edition by P. H. Nidditch, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1975. (Scholar)
- Hutcheson, Francis, 1725, On the Original of Our Ideas of Beauty and
Virtue, London: W. and J. Smith. (Scholar)
- Kant, Immanuel, 1785, Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals, translated by T. Abbott, revised and edited by L. Denis, Peterborough: Broadview Press, 2005. (Scholar)
- Kohlberg, Lawrence, 1984, Essays in Moral Development (Volume 1:
The Philosophy of Moral Development), Harper and Row, 1981;
Volume 2: The Psychology of Moral Development, San Francisco:
Harper and Row. (Scholar)
- Noddings, Nel, 1984, Caring: a Feminine Approach to Ethics and Moral Education, Berkeley: University of California Press. (Scholar)
- Plato, Republic, translated and with intro by R.E. Allen,
New Haven: Yale University Press, 2006.
- Rawls, John, 1971, A Theory of Justice, Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press. (Scholar)