Linked bibliography for the SEP article "Monotheism" by William Wainwright
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
- Aquinas, St. Thomas, On the Truth of the Catholic Faith:
Summa Contra Gentiles, Book One, Anton C. Pegis (trans.), Garden
City, N. Y.: Doubleday Image Books, 1955.
- Athanassiadi, Polymnia and Michael Frede (eds.), 1999, Pagan
Monotheism in Late Antiquity, Oxford: Clarendon Press. (Scholar)
- Azriel of Gerona, 1986, “Explanation of the Ten
Sefirot,” in The Early Kabbalah, Joseph Dan (ed.),
Ronald C. Kiener (trans.), (The Classics of Western Spirituality), New
York: Paulist Press. (Scholar)
- Bartel, T. W., 1994, “Could There be More than One Lord?,” Faith and Philosophy, 11: 357–78. (Scholar)
- Cudworth, Ralph, 1678, The True Intellectual System of the Universe, Volume 1, London: Richard Royston; reprinted New York: Garland, 1978. (Scholar)
- Davis, Stephen T., Daniel Kendell, and Gerald O'Collins (eds.),
1999, The Trinity, New York: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Eakin, Frank E., 1971, The Religion and Culture of Israel,
Boston: Allyn & Bacon. (Scholar)
- Epstein, Isidore, 1959, Judaism: A Historical
Presentation, Harmondsworth, Middlesex: Penguin Books. (Scholar)
- al-Ghazali, Al Ghazali's Tract on Dogmatic Theology,
A. L. Tibawi (trans.), London: Luzac, 1965.
- John of Damascus, Writings, Frederic H. Chase, Jr.,
(trans.), (The Fathers of the Church, Volume 37), Washington, D.C.:
Catholic University of America Press, 1958.
- John Duns Scotus, Philosophical Writings, Allan Wolter
(trans.), Edinburgh: Thomas Nelson, 1962.
- Kelly, J. N. D., 1972, Early Christian Creeds, 3rd ed.,
New York: Longman. (Scholar)
- –––, 1977, Early Christian Doctrines,
5th ed., London: Adam & Charles Black. (Scholar)
- Kumar, P. Pratap, 1997, The Goddess Laksmi: The Divine Consort
in South Indian Vaisnava Tradition, (American Academy of Religion
Academy Series, Number 95), Atlanta: Scholar's Press. (Scholar)
- Leftow, Brian, 1988, “The Roots of Eternity,” Religious Studies, 24: 189–212. (Scholar)
- Mann, William E., 2004, “Anselm on the Trinity,” in The Cambridge Companion to Anselm, Brian Davies and Brian Leftow (eds.), Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- McCall, Thomas and Michael C. Rea (eds.), 2009, Philosophical
and Theological Essays on the Trinity, New York: Oxford
University Press. (Scholar)
- McCall, Thomas, 2010, Which Trinity? Whose Monotheism? Philosophical and Systematic Theologians on the Metaphysics of the Trinity, Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdman's. (Scholar)
- Meek, T. J., 1960, Hebrew Origins, New York: Harper
- Paley, William, Natural Theology: Selections,
Indianapolis, IN: Bobbs-Merrill, 1963.
- Plantinga, Cornelius, Jr., 1988, “Social Trinity and
Tritheism,” in Trinity, Incarnation, and Atonement,
Ronald J. Feenstra and Cornelius Plantinga, Jr. (eds.), Notre Dame,
IN: University of Notre Dame Press. (Scholar)
- Ramanuja, 1962, The Vedanta Sutras with the Commentary by
Ramanuja, George Thibaut (trans.), Delhi: Motilal
- Rea, Michael C. and Jeffrey E. Brower, 2005, “Material
Constitution and the Trinity,” Faith and Philosophy,
22: 57–76. (Scholar)
- Rea, Michael C., 2009, “The Trinity,” in The Oxford Handbook of Philosophical Theology, Thomas P. Flint and Michael C. Rea (eds.), New York: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Ringgren, Helmer, 1966, Israelite Religion, Philadelphia:
Fortress Press. (Scholar)
- Scholem, Gershom G., 1946, Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism, New York: Schocken. (Scholar)
- –––, 1987, Origins of the Kabbalah,
Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press. (Scholar)
- Swinburne, Richard, 1994, The Christian God, Oxford: Clarendon Press, Chapter 8 (“The Trinity”). (Scholar)
- Wainwright, William J., 1986, “Monotheism,” in Rationality, Religious Belief, and Moral Commitment, Robert Audi and William J. Wainwright (eds.), Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. (Scholar)
- William of Ockham, Philosophical Writings, Philotheus
Boehner (trans.), Indianapolis, IN: Bobbs-Merrill, 1964.
- Wolfson, H. A., 1964, The Philosophy of the Church Fathers, vol. 1, Faith, Trinity, Incarnation, Cambridge: Harvard University Press. (Scholar)
- Zagzebski, Linda, 1989, “Christian Monotheism,” Faith and Philosophy, 8: 3–18. (Scholar)