Linked bibliography for the SEP article "Plotinus" by Lloyd Gerson
This is an automatically generated and experimental page
If everything goes well, this page should display the bibliography of the aforementioned article as it appears in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, but with links added to PhilPapers records and Google Scholar for your convenience. Some bibliographies are not going to be represented correctly or fully up to date. In general, bibliographies of recent works are going to be much better linked than bibliographies of primary literature and older works. Entries with PhilPapers records have links on their titles. A green link indicates that the item is available online at least partially.
This experiment has been authorized by the editors of the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. The original article and bibliography can be found here.
A. Primary Literature
- Plotinus, 7 volumes, Greek text with English translation by
A.H. Armstrong, Cambridge, MA: Loeb Classical Library, 1968-88.
- Plotinus. The Enneads, translated by Stephen MacKenna.
Abridged and edited by John Dillon, London: Penguin Books, 1991.
- Neoplatonic Philosophy. Introductory Readings, translations
of portions of the works of Plotinus, Porphyry, Iamblichus, and
Proclus by John Dillon and Lloyd P. Gerson, Indianapolis: Hackett,
- Plotin. Traites, 9 volumes, French translation with
commentaries by Luc Brisson and J.-F. Pradéau, et. al., Paris:
B. Secondary Literature
- Blumenthal, H.J., 1971, Plotinus' Psychology, The Hague:
Martinus Nijhoff. (Scholar)
- Bussanich, J., 1988, The One and its Relation to Intellect in
Plotinus, Leiden: Brill. (Scholar)
- Emilsson, E., 1988, Plotinus on Sense-Perception,
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Emilsson, E., 2007, Plotinus on Intellect, Oxford: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Gerson, Lloyd P., 1994, Plotinus (Series: Arguments of the Philosophers), London: Routledge. (Scholar)
- Gerson, Lloyd P. (ed.), 1996, The Cambridge Companion to
Plotinus, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Gerson, Lloyd P. (ed.), 2010, The Cambridge History of Philosophy in Late Antiquity, 2 vols., Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Gurtler, G.M., 1988, Plotinus: The Experience of Unity, New York: Peter Lang. (Scholar)
- O'Brien, D., 1991, Plotinus on the Origin of Matter,
Naples: Bibliopolis. (Scholar)
- O'Meara, Dominic, 1993, Plotinus: An Introduction to the Enneads, Oxford: Oxford University Press. (Scholar)
- Rappe, S., 2000, Reading Neoplatonism: Non-discursive Thinking in the Texts of Plotinus, Proclus, and Damascius, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Remes, Pauliina, 2007, Plotinus on Self. The Philosophy of the ‘We’, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Rist, J., 1967, Plotinus: The Road to Reality, Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press. (Scholar)
- Dufour, Richard, 2002, Plotinus: A Bibliography
1950–2000, Leiden: E.J. Brill. See in particular the
references to the numerous commentaries on particular treatises in the
Enneads, some of which are in English. (Scholar)